Gone

"You're mine now."

His voice was soft but deadly. My heart sped up and I could feel my arms and legs start to get tingly. My brain screamed, "Run away!", but I was still frozen.

He quickly stood up and pulled me with him by my wrist. In an instant, we had switched spots. I was now the one with their back to the wall. His grip on my wrist tightened and his nails dug into my skin. As I felt the sting of skin splitting, the boy suddenly sniffed the air. He brought his face closer to my wrist.

"Your blood smells good." He said with a chuckle. I shook in fear but his grip never loosened. His other hand was flat against the cold, brick wall behind me, boxing me in with no escape.

My eyes were locked in his gaze. His red eyes seemed to never stay the same shade, morphing from a bright red to a darker, more blood-like red. It was mesmerizing but at the same time, terrifying.

I tried pulling my arm free but his grasp never loosened. He smiled in amusement.

"Got somewhere to go?" He asked as he tilted his head slightly to the side. I shook my head quickly. His smile turned less deadly. "Good girl."

I tried to keep my breathing even but it was ragged and quick. He seemed amused by my fear. He nuzzled his face against my neck. I froze in place.

"There's nothing to be afraid of. At least not yet." He whispered in my ear. His mouth moved down my neck and to my shoulder. I felt his tongue against my cold skin. A sharp pain in my shoulder made me gasp in surprise. Slowly, the scene in front of my faded into darkness and my mind wandered off.

-------

I woke up with a start. My heart was racing and I brought a hand to my chest. I checked my surroundings and found myself back in my room. It must've all been a dream.

I climbed out of bed and walked into the bathroom to wash my face. I cleaned up then I headed downstairs.

"Good morning, Sophie," Grandpa said.

"Good morning," I replied back.

"How did you sleep?"

"Pretty good," I said out of habit. I sat down at the table and started eating the breakfast that Grandpa had made. We were both quiet as we ate.

"Thanks for making breakfast," I said as I stood up to put our plates in the dishwasher.

"No problem. Just so you know, I have to go out today. I should be back before dinner." Grandpa said.

"You've been really busy lately and you haven't been telling me anything. Have you found another lady?" I asked with a smirk.

"Something like that," He smiled back. I chuckled at the thought of him dating someone at this age. Grandma died years ago, leaving just Grandpa and I. It's nice to see that he has moved on some.

"Good luck," I told him on his way out. "Don't get too feisty."

After Grandpa left, I was alone for most of the day. I dozed off a great deal. I thought a lot about my nightmare. That boy. Now that I get a chance to process it all, he was actually pretty good looking. He had soft-looking skin. His jawline distinct but smooth. His lips were two thin, pink lines. If only I could meet someone like him in real life.

I laughed at myself for thinking such a thing. Since the image of him was still fresh in my mind, I quickly ran to my bedroom and grabbed my sketch pad. I wasn't the best artist and I don't think any drawing could show his full beauty, but I managed.

Through each line, I felt the importance it held. An underlying shade, a wrinkle in his skin, a crease in his shirt, a reflection in his eyes. They were all important. It took many tries to complete. When I was finished, I realized, it was much later than when Grandpa said he would return.

I waited for half an hour and then decided I should go look for him. I grabbed my bag and packed it with my normal supplies, including my sketch pad. I walked downstairs and opened the front door.

"Oh!" I was surprised to see grandfather standing right outside.

He walked past me and into the other room. I followed behind him confused.

"Where were you?" I asked upset.

"That's none of your business."

"None of my business?" I scoffed. "You're never home late."

"Forget about it." He said normally. He started opening drawers as if he was searching for something.

"'Forget about it'?" I was starting to get frustrated. "This is so unlike-"

I didn't get to finish my sentence. I was thrown across the room and my back hit the wall. I slid to the ground and landed hard. I groaned as I tried to sit up. I looked around confused. Grandpa had also been thrown.

As I looked around the room, I noticed we weren't the only ones here. A woman in a long white gown stood in the middle of the room. She faced Grandpa and all I could see was her back. She had long red hair and pale skin. Her hair and white dress waved in an unknown breeze.

"Do you have what was promised?" She asked. Her voice was soft but stern. I followed her gaze and saw Grandpa still slowly getting up. He held one hand up in surrender. He looked like he was trying to remain calm.

"I-I do. But you need to understand that-"

"Our agreement has already been made." She cut him off. Her voice held disappointment. I couldn't see her face, as I was hidden away in the corner, but I bet she was scowling.

Grandpa caught my eye and I could see the fear he was hiding. He looked back at the woman.

"Please. You need to understand." Grandpa pleaded.

"Your time is up. I've been waiting." The breeze that only affected the woman picked up and her dress waved angrily. Grandpa brought both hands to his ears as his mouth went agape. He sank to his knees and cried out in pain.

I sat there and watched in shock. My fear was keeping me still. Grandpa yelled out. He looked up and we met eyes. Through gritted teeth, he mouthed the word 'run'.

I struggled to get back on my feet and my body still ached from the fall. I snaked through the hallways and to the back door. I burst through and even outside the house, I could still hear cries of pain.

Only the cold air blowing across my face made me realize I was crying. As I entered the forest behind the house, it became harder to run. It was dark and branches and roots covered the forest floor, making great objects to trip over.

I fell multiple times, adding scrapes and scratches to my arms, legs, and face. The only light was from the moon, shining through the leaves. Everything was a blur. All I could hear was the pounding of my heart and my quick breaths. The adrenaline running through me was all I had to keep me going.

I ran and ran until the echoes of Grandpa's screams stopped. I fell to the ground and cried. I cried like a child. My pathetic cries filled the empty forest.

I was alone. Again.

---------

What happened to Grandpa? Who was the lady with the red hair? ⚆ _ ⚆

Sorry for leaving you with so many questions. Keep reading and you'll find things out.

Did you love the story? I hope you did! Please show your support for the story but clicking that cute little VOTE button and maybe even leaving a short comment here. Thank you so much!