Untitled Part 6

I was sitting in the living room again with Jimin and Taehyung, explaining the note, but this time Jin joined us.

"Well, now we have something else to figure out," Jin said, sighing as he leaned back on the couch. I assumed that even though the other boys weren't here, the ones that were filled them in on everything.

"That's why you ran away, right?" Jimin clarified after I had explained everything.

"Yeah," I said while nodding my head. The first few days, I had kept quiet, but now I was getting more comfortable around everyone, therefore, I talked more.

Everyone sat quietly, thinking about what I had just informed them of.

"I'm gonna go to my room," I said, gently, and walked out. The doors in this house were beautiful. They were much taller than needed to be, accommodating the high ceilings that took over most of the house.

The house didn't have many windows and the ones that were there, were covered by curtains to let in little light during the day. There was lighting that lined the walls like you would see in an old castle with a flame. But these were electric lights.

The house was huge, seeming bigger from the inside than from out. There were three floors. The bottom held the living room, the dinning room, the kitchen, the pool, and the main entrance. The second floor held the bedrooms. There were nine to be exact; a master bedroom, seven rooms for the boys, and one for guests, which I slept in. The third floor was where the library was. It took up most of the floor and the few other rooms were used as storage. I had not yet been up to the third floor.

After heading to my room to grab my sketch book and pencil, I made my way to the third floor. This floor was darker, giving off a more empty, deserted feel. There was a short hallway with a couple doors lining the side. At the end were double doors that would lead to the library.

I walked forward, pushing open one of the large double doors. It creaked as I opened and closed it behind me. I was surprised to see that the library had huge, tall windows. They were covered by curtains, but it was one of the few places that let in natural light.

There were shelves, much higher than I could reach. I never understood why libraries would put books on shelves that were impossible to reach. I always wondered what books were up there, books no one had touched in forever.

I walked in between shelves, running my fingers across the bindings of the book. I stopped, a beautiful red book with gold lettering, catching my eye. Slowly, I pulled the book out with my fingers. I opened the book but as I did, the other half of the book fell to the ground.

"Oh," I said looking at the mess of papers.

"Don't worry. That's what happens with most of the old ones." I turned to my side at the sound of a voice. Yoongi stood there with his hands in his pockets. His hair dangled to the tips of his eyes, which were dark brown holes.

"Oh sorry," I said, bending over to pick the rest of the book up. I placed the hard cover on top of the rest and slid it back on the shelves. The other books had been sitting there so long that they didn't even realize that one was missing. They hadn't fallen over even though they sat at an angle.

I turned back to Yoongi, hoping to end the awkward silence.

"Do you come up here often?" I asked the quiet man. He shrugged.

"Sometimes. If Namjoon isn't up here, I'll sleep since the rest of the house is too noisy," he complained.

"How do you deal with living in a house with so many brothers?" I questioned. I never had siblings. It had been just me, Grandpa, and Grandma.