Part 10

"Excuse me. I need to use the restroom," Sophie said as she turned and walked out of the kitchen. Jungkook smiled as she walked away, admiring the way her hair twirled around her as she turned. The small breeze she created sent a wave of her vanilla lotion in Jungkook's direction, pleasing him with the gentle smell.

Jungkook felt a light pressure on his leg and he looked down to see that Jimin had nudged him with his foot. He picked his head up and found a smirking Jimin staring at him.

He realized that Jimin had caught him staring at Sophie, envisioning her even after she disappeared around the corner, and had blocked out the continuing conversation.

He ignored Jimin and focused on Jhope who was deep into his story, waving his hands around, about a flying squirrel he had seen the other day. Although he respected his older friend, the male didn't always have the most intriguing stories.

Jungkook rubbed at his eyes as the approaching night took its toll on him. Lately he had been feeling this sense of uneasiness and some nights, it even kept him awake. Although he didn't know what it was, he trusted his instincts to not push it aside. But he still didn't know what it meant.

Frustrated at his lack of knowing, Jungkook ran his hand through his hair, pushing the thick, dark strands back. His hair, trained to stay in one position, fought with the change, but the uncomfortable feeling brought ease to him, as when a sore muscle is kneaded.

As Jungkook lifted his head to join back in the conversation, a wave of mixed feelings washed over him. It felt like he had been punched in the face and hadn't had the chance to processes everything. A thin layer of sweat broke out on his back and his hands, although cold to the touch, were wet and sticky. His breath quickened and the uneasy sensation he had been feeling the past few days was multiplied.

All of his senses went on high alert and adrenaline seemed to pump through his veins although he hadn't moved from the same position he had been in five minutes ago.

The conversation before him continued but he saw from the corner of his eye that Jimin had noticed his sudden change. He felt Jimins hand slide around his arm, a caring and protective gesture. He chose to ignore the worried and confused look from Jimin and started at the ground by his feet.

"Jungkook," Jimin started, interrupting the ongoing conversation, "what's wrong?" There was a true sense of worry in his voice, as it was obvious he cared for his younger friend. The conversation died down and all six of the boys started at Jungkook, confused and worried.

"I-I don't know. I just feel so..uncomfortable. Like something's wrong." Jungkook looked up at the other boys. Their eyes all showed deep concern for him but soon, Jungkook's mind shifted to something other than his discomfort.

His eyes met Namjoon's and he could see that the word was right on his lips, begging to be released, but he kept it in. Only now had he realized her long absence, much longer than it should have taken.

Jungkook's eyes stayed locked on Namjoon as they both seemed to understand the situation. Jungkook opened his mouth and with one shuddered breath, he spoke her name.

"Sophie."

__________________________________________

Did you love the story? I hope you did! Please show your support for the story but clicking that cute little VOTE button and maybe even leaving a short comment here. Thank you so much!