Cats

Capter Two -Cats-

It had been very cold in the bunker since the winter months were right around the corner. And with Sam giving them quote un-quote "time alone" and Dean always out to get things (seldom bringing Cas after last time when he assaulted a cashier), Cas had found it was often lonesome in the empty place.

So he took matters into his own hands and decided he would resolve the problem himself.

And so he did.

Dean came back one night, late. The lights were out and he figured Castiel was already asleep. He sighed and decided not to turn on the lights.

He walked to the room, changed, and climbed into bed aside his partner.

He closed his eyes and started to drift off.

He then felt a strange thing brush across his cheek.

He thought he was imagining it and dropped it.

Until it repeatedly occured.

He sighed again as he recognized the feeling as soft fur.

"... Cas..." his tone escalated at the end.

Cas was hesitant to respond.

"... yes Dean?" he smiled innocently.

"Is there a cat in this bed?"

"No, Dean." he replied.

The hunter sighed and pulled the little chain to the right of him down and light flooded into the room, revealing six or seven cats. Five cudled up to Castiel, one on Dean's pillow, the last at the foot of the bed.

Dean sighed and said they'd deal with this tomorrow.

Mainly because he was too tired to do this right now.

-

The next morning, he debriefed Castiel on where he had gotten these cats.

"I found them." he retoted, not giving a direct answer.

"Obviously. But where, Cas. Where did you find them?"

"I found them in a box. It said they needed a home. So I thought, Hey! These months are cold, and these poor kitties have no home. We have a home! And it gets awfully lonesome here. This place also feels one species short. And before you know it... here we are."

"Cas... we can't keep these..."

"Why not, Dean?"

"... uh... because... uh...," he thought and rolled the words around in his mouth, then continued "Its seven extra mouths to feed. We don't have that, Cas..."

Dean watched his smile drop as he held one of the tiny grey kittens in his hands.

"Okay." he continued to stroke, then got up, rounded up the rest.

Dean grabbed his shoulder. "Hey..."

Cas turned around letting some back outside.

"Seven is a bit much... but one or two can't hurt, I guess..."

A smile broke out across his face, rewarded with a hug from Cas and a lick from the small kitten he held earlier.