Sick

Chapter Six -Sick-

Achoo!

Dean was surprised to be woken up early in the morning by a wet spread across the face from a certain sleeping, sniffling Castiel deep in slumber beside him.

Ewh... he thought as he wiped his face off with his shoulder and shrugged it off deciding to let him sleep.

Today, Dean wasn't woken up by light presses of lips to him, but rather his internal clock.

Cas normally woke up first. Dean sighed and knew for sure Cas was ill now.

He got up and walked to the medicine cabinet to see if he could find anything for his friend who was now sniffling as if he was  trying to vacuum the room with his nose.

-

Once Castiel had awoken, his nose was red from wiping his face, and his eyes told stories of inconsistent sleep hours, his voice was even more raspy than normal and he would sneeze, cough, wheeze, or sigh a very lethargic sigh.

"Cas," Dean went to his side with thermometer and pills that would help the sinus issues "Come on. Take these and put this in your mouth."

Castiel did not understand the concept.

"Why?" he asked, sniffling again.

" 'Cos you're sick, Cas, now-"

"Angels don't get 'sick', Dean. I do not require that." he cut him off and gestured to the supplies and medicine.

"Well, you're not an Angel any more. And I have to take care of you. I need you Cas, and you will take this medicine so I can have you at the top of your game."

Dean was overreacting. It was only a cold.

But Cas mattered to him, and he was going to take this medicine, dammit.

-

After struggling for a good amount of time with his stubborn ex-Angel, Dean forced him to take the medication and put the thermometer under his tongue.

He tucked him in very tightly in a bed. Castiel refused to take off his trenchcoat, but that was the compromise Dean had sacrificed to attempt to get Cas well. He had hoped that all the layers he wrapped him in would heat him up so much as to the point of him taking off the trenchcoat, but to his dismay, Castiel lay under the piles of blankets and wrapped himself in that darnned coat.

Oh well. It made Cas happy.

The rest of the day was filled with Dean making soup (which Cas was soon very fond of) and laying in bed beside him, watching old movies that Dean decided must be seen. Castiel would question it most of the time, but Dean didn't mind much.

Dean didn't mind getting sick, either, if it meant he'd get a day with Cas all to himself.

And both men liked those days.