Sabriel

Chapter Five - Sabriel-

Sam whipped his head around when he heard a familiar rustle of feathers.

"Hey-a there, Samsquatch." his voice was evident of a smirk and slurred due to the sucker in his mouth.

"G-G-G..."

"That's right, baby! I'm back! Although, I was expecting a better greeting from you." He threw a handful of Skittles at the taller one who was sitting down. They clacked all over the floor.

"But you-.. you died."

"And I'm back. So be happy. Come on, I'm starving, let's eat." he called, rumaging through the pantries.

"How-how are you here?"

"I just am, pretty Moose. I know the ropes around up there," he pointed up "And obviously have a few tricks up my sleeve. Don't leave your jaw flapping."

Silence as the Archangel dug through and never found anything to fit his liking.

"How's about we get outta here and find a change of venue?"

"Venue doesn't mean food, Gabe."

"Whatever! Don't go all college on me! New location, come on!"

"Will you shut up, please? I have to get this done." the plaid-clad moose said.

"Make me." his mischievously tickled voice

The Winchester stared down as the tiny Angel approached him cockily.

"What are you doing?" he asked rather bluntly as Gabriel had to nearly bendover backwards just to see the Hunter. "And the altitude up here is great, by the way."

The shorter one pulled a bitch face, but could not compete with The Bitchface Queen standing before him.

"Yeah, well the longitude down here Is great, too." he smirked.

"Shut up." Sam retorted.

"Make me."

"Will you stop saying that?"

"Hmm... maybe."

Just then, the little Angel lunged forward at the Hunter, tiptoes and all, grabbed his collar and kissed him for a lengthy amount of time, rather sure of himself when it came to Sam.

Soon to be rethought as Sam broke away, stunned. He had wide eyes and blank and shocked expressions. He couldn't find the words to speak.

Gabe backed off.

"I-I... uh... that... I..." the winged one sputtered. "I'm sorry." he hung his head.

"Uh..." the moose was also at a loss of words.

"... Lemme make it up to you. In a friendly kind of way." Gabriel stated after a long, awkward, tense pause.

"... Okay. I'd like that. Very much." he smiled. Not the fake, sarcastic smile he gave to Dean, nor the one where he didn't know why he was there and had nothing else to do. It was the smile that was genuine and looked like rays of sunshine.

Gabriel's eyes lit up hearing this. His golden brown eyes twinkled the colour of a glass of whiskey with the sun permeating through it on a warm, lonesome summer afternoon.

"Sweet!" Gabe cried out, grabbing at his friend and zapping them somewhere.

Sam was unamoosed.

"Gabe. It's freezing."

"Ex-actly, right." he concluded. "It is freezing."

"Can you not?" the Winchester started. "I'm harldy dressed for this weather!"

"Simple." With a quick flick of the wrist and snap of the fingers, Sam was soon fit to be in the snow. Jacket, boots, gloves, ect.

Even more unamoosed, Sam retorted rather annoyed "No. I am not your dress up doll."

"Only sometimes." Gabriel snickered and Sam rolled his eyes.

"Come on, Sammy. Have some fun. We're going ice skating."

"No. I am not going ice skating with you."

"Come onnnnnnnnnn." he pestered.

"No."

"Cooooommmmmmme onnnnnn-nuh."

"No! I can't skate and you're not going to get me on that ice!"

"Watch me." Gabe smirked again.

Within milliseconds, they were standing upon the slippery ice surface.

"Gah! Gabe! I can't skate!!" he yelped as he ploped down on the cold, hard ice, yanking Gabriel down with him.

"Why didn't you tell me, Gigantor?!" Gabe laughed. "Don't worry. I gotcha. You won't fall."

He unfolded his beautiful golden wings from his back and smiled kindly to his friend, wrapping the nice, warm soft feathers around him to assure his stability and to shield him from the freshly falling snow.

Sam found it inviting and they moved around across the ice slowly.

After a while Gabe chimed up "Let's go somewhere else now!"

"No.. Gabe. You don't have to do these things, you know? If you want to say something, just... go home and tell me. You don't have to try to do all these things to look good." he sheepishly chuckled "You might be surprised at the result."

"... oh." Gabe contemplated. "I do and have had feelings for you Sam... And I've tried this, over and over. You forget the encounter because I intervene, but I can't do it. I keep screwing it up, and I'm sorry. We'll go home now. I'll leave you alone." his head hung, and he snapped.

Sam sat on his bed, at home. He was in the clothes he had on before the snow. He got up and looked around, calling out "Gabe?" voice hopeful.

He padded downstairs and asked again, slightly confused.

"Gabe?"

Only to find it was Dean in the kitchen.

"Sammy, you're up!" Dean set a plate before his brother.

Sam cocked his head in confusion.

"Where's Gabriel?" he asked.

"Sam... Gabriel died a long time ago, " he stated, "Now eat your eggs before they get cold."