Lights

Chapter Eleven -Lights-

It was almost Christmas time where Dean and Cas were situated. They had long since adapted to a new household.

Dean thought it proper to decorate, which of course, Castiel questioned.

"Because it's festive, thats why."

"But how does the putting up of tangled lights outside where it is freezing and you stand on a ladder and risk the break of your neck encompas the joy that is the Christmas season?"

Dean leaned down, one gloved hand holding him in place firmly by a ladder rung

"I dunno. It just is, okay?" He reiterated. "Now can you please hand me the staple gun, babe?"

Castiel sighed, defeated, and learned over, grabbing the staple gun for his lover. Dean watched intently as Cas bent over.

"You're staying at my ass again, aren't you?" He would say without even looking. Dean would deny it and be 'offended by Cas' dirty accusition'.

He rolled his eyes and stood up and handed Dean the staple gun.

"Thank you, pigeon." Dean called for him.

"Why do you call me a name after a fat city bird?"

"It's from a movie, come on.. I showed that one to you. Lady and the Tramp? The spaghetti dogs one?"

"Oh! The spaghetti dogs movie! I recall." Cas smiled as he feed more and more line [of lights] to Dean.

"That and you're half pigeon..." Dean muttered under his breath, referring to Cas' wings.

He climbed down a few steps, just two or so above the ground where Cas stood. He turned around, one hand holding him onto the ladder, the other picking Cas' chin up.

Cas had small bits of snow dusting his face. His nose and cheeks had pink in them from bites of the cold. His eyes sparkled up at him, the bluest of blue eyes illuminated by like 4 billion white Christmas lights that were tangled around him and his shoulders was a beautiful sight to see. Dean leaned down and kissed him, a smile pulling at his lips.

And Cas kissed him back.

"Merry Christmas, Castiel Winchester."