Alcohol

Chapter Nine -Alcohol-

"C'mon, Cas. We're going out for a drink." Dean shouted, grabbing the car keys on the way out.

"We have plenty of beverages here." Castiel retorted.

Dean sighed. "No, Cas. Come on. We're going out."

The ex-angel complied and joined Dean's side fairly quickly. With a clack of the tongue, Dean cooly swaggered out the door, his boots heavy tread was very distinctive and soon followed by Castiel's light, stealthy ones.

They loaded into the Impala and took off.

They headed to the local bar down the road. Castiel had been here before this trip. His metabolism, much to his unknowing, has changed in his new human form.

Dean, too, thought nothing of it.

They arrived and Cas stood in the doorway, taking in all light light and colour and people. This was very unlike the cold, grey, empty place from before.

Cas smiled and made a beeline for a table he found. And Dean followed suit, joining Castiel at the booth in the back.

Dean watched as Castiel looked at the other humans.

"I have an idea." Cas said, out of nowhere.

"Okay, shoot." his musky, human fiancé replied.

"What am I to shoot, Dean?"

"... uh... nevermind. It's an expression. I mean propose your idea."

"Right. Well, I was thinking we order shots. Whoever finishes theirs first wins. Loser pays." Castiel explained.

Dean was very pleased with Castiel's concept of a bet and/or game with being normal. He pondered it, knowing he'd surely beat Cas, but not wanting to make him feel bad, nor make him pay for his idea of going out for a drink, "Nah." he declined.

"Why not?" Cas inquired.

"Cause, Cas.. it.. uh... I.. this was supposed to be a friendly time out for us. Not competitive-"

"So you just don't want to lose?" Cas smirked.

"No! I wouldn't lose, Cas. I have a high alcohol tolerance." Dean justified. He wasn't sure if this was him telling Cas or himself, but he folded his arms and leaned back.

Castiel stared at the table.

"So do I." He muttered.

Dean sighed, rolled his eyes. "Fine. Fine, Cas. Let's just get this over with."

Dean waved a waiter over and ordered a good-sized round of shots. The waiter recommended Prairie Fire, which was the best for the day. Tequila and Tabasco, which sounded undeniably good at the moment to Dean, and at four bucks a pop, that's what he went with. It was happy hour, nonetheless, so an additional discount would be good. Although, he was warned it can get one drunk fairly quickly, but he wavered that aside, knowing he'd surely be fine. He watched the server as he left then he glanced over at Cas who was rather intrigued with the paper from the straw that was now in his water, and smiled. 'That's mine.' he thought. And he was.

Before he knew it, the guy was back and had ten lined up on each side of the table.

Cas stared down at the liquid situated in front of him in the little glass bowls.

He smiled. "Okay." He said, looking up at Dean.

"Okay." Dean replied.

"On the count of three." Cas suggested.

"Sure." Dean said, planning on giving him a head-start.

"One... two-three." and with that, Cas already had his first shot thrown back, the glass upside-down on the table to signal he was done with it.

Dean realized this might not be as easy as he thought and was brought to thus sudden realization even more abruptly seeing as Castiel had another one finished.

Dean scrambled to grab his first and hastily downed it.

This went on competitively until they had finished. Castiel had strategically stacked his pyramid-style... or attempted to. The top was sloppily done. Dean brought the last one to his lips.

He had underestimated Cas. He could hold his liquor. Dean got up to pay, he stumbled to the bar and handed the due amount after fumbling with the paper.

He went back to retrieve Cas, who was now sprawled out on the table, giggling and had a case of the hiccups.

"Com'mon, Casss.." he called. The ends of his words slightly slurring. Cas didn't seem to make any movement that suggested he was coming.

Dean sauntered over to the ex-Angel and grabbed at his sleeve, he yanked him along.

Cas wasn't making it easy, seeing as he was a giggly pile of uncontrolled self and Dean was drunk, trying to drag him outside.

The people were gone, and it was dark outside.

Dean dug in his pocket for the keys and unlocked the doors to the Impala.

The car was sleek and black and reflected the silvery moon. The wind was quiet and swirling around them as its cold teeth bit into them.

Dean layed Castiel down in the back seat. Castiel smiled up at Dean, hiccupped and pulled Dean down onto him. He smiled into the crook of his neck and his eyes fluttered shut.

"Stay here." he wispered in Dean's ear, his stubble rubbing on Dean's cheek, causing him to emit a 'mmm' and nod.

Dean knew he was in no condition to drive, so he closed the door and held Castiel close to his chest and smiled as they drifted off to sleep.