The Concept of Birthday Cakes

Chapter Seven -The Concept of Biryhday Cakes-

Sam padded around the kitchen area and rest his large elbows on the counter top so he was eye level with Castiel.

"Cas," he said. It does't sound the same as when Dean says it, but it'll do. "As you know, it's Dean's birthday."

"Oh, yes." Cas retorted, shifting awkwardly and fiddling with the trenchcoat belt.

"And I need you to go get the cake for tonight."

Castiel cocked his head in confusion. "Sam, you don't seem to understand. Dean likes pie-"

The man with Jesus hair put his hand up to stop the Ex-Angel.

"No, Cas. We're getting him cake for his birthday, that is the tradition." he sighed more than instructed.

"... alright. And what do I do to get said 'cake'?" Castiel inquired.

"You go to the store. Er... bakery-part-thing... and you get a birthday message on the cake, buy it, and bring it back."

"I understand."

And with a light swish of a trenchcoat, Castiel was hurrying out the door.

~

A few hours later, it was midday.

And Castiel had returned.

With a big box in his arms which were extended forward.

"Cas, no! It was supposed to be a surprise for after dinner!"

"Well, that would have been useful information." Castiel replied with snarky tongue.

"Cake?" Dean was leaning on the doorframe, grinning wolfishly.

"Well, yeah. But it was supposed to be a surprise." Sam bitchfaced.

Castiel waltzed in and set it on the counter.

Dean followed suit.

He peaked under the lid, and through his chuckles, he managed to mutter a "Damn it, Cas."

Sam came over to side his brother to take a look. Dean removed the lid revealing the mostly white cake with blue, scalloped trim frosting and printed in black letters in the middle across it read the words: "It is your birthday".

Sam, too, laughed.

"I-... I don't understand. Am I overlooking the humour...?"

They both shook their heads 'no', but Castiel didn't think it was as to answer his question.

"You requested a birthday messege..."