Mistletoe (Sabriel pt. 2)

Chapter Twelve -Mistletoe-

(Sabriel pt. 2)

Dean was standing in the doorway, taping something to the frame. Since Sam had been staying with them for the Christmas season so he wouldn't spend it alone, he was watching.

"It's kinda weird, ya know? To see how different you really got? Cas sure brings out something good in you." Sam said, glad to see his brother all happy.

"That's an understatement." Dean retaliated.

Sam smacked him but it didn't really matter.

"You know what I meant. Mistletoe? Christmas lights? And a tree?"

"Well.. kind of a tree. Cas didn't want me to hurt it.. so it's still outside."

"But you still decorated it."

"Touché."

Sam bowed his head down and laughed slightly.

---

A few hours had passed. Cas came home paying little to no attention to the poisonous, parasitic leaves above him.

"Heyya, Cas~" Dean cooed.

"Hello, Dean." He said as he unwrapped the green scarf from his neck.

Dean clacked his tongue and motioned he had up to the leaves in the doorway. Sam watched from afar to see how this would pan out.

"What is that and why is it inside." Cas stated more than questioned.

"That," Dean started "is mistletoe. You hang it up in the doorway or where ever you want and then you kiss the person who happens to be under it with you. Looks like I'm in luck, huh?"

"You're traditions are very... strange." He said, but he leant in and kissed Mr. Winchester anyway.

Sam Smiled to himself. He was happy for Dean. Dean deserved this.

Sam continued to think as he asked himself more questions such as How can I find this in my life? or Should I try a dating site??? I dunno, that seems a bit tacky or perhaps he questioned if he even deserved it. He searched himself for answers like one would search for car keys in a junk drawer. He thought about all his failed romances and wondered if he was simply doomed to die alone.

He sighed and went to his room and his brother was still making out with his husband.

---

It was Christmas Eve. There were a few small presents in the living room since they would get wet outside under their tree from the snow. They had eggnog too, which was a bit too strong for Cas. He had coffee instead.

As it got later, Cas put on a stupid Christmas movie from the Hallmark channel on. He and Dean watched.

Sam stepped outside.

The air was brisk and it tasted like something Sam couldn't quite put his finger on.

He could see his breath in front of him and he looked up to the sky. It was clear and the stars were out.

'Merry Christmas' he thought to himself.

"Merry Christmas to you, too." a voice echoed back.

He looked over and to his surprise (or lack therefore of)- Gabriel was present.

A grin broke out across his face and this was reciprocated by the smaller one whom soon was hugging the other.

"I thought I wouldn't ever see you again!"

"Eh! You know me! Besides, it's almost Christmas. And what better gift to you than my presence?" Gabe reiterated. "You seemed lonely earlier this week."

Sam smiled at his stalker-arcangel and he leant down and kissed him.

"A merry Christmas indeed." Sam muttered after.

They talked for half an hour outside before it got too cold for Sam and they went inside. They came in through the back and went to his little room where they talked some more. Also they made out a few times and Sam thoroughly liked it and that was rather evident.

---

The credits rolled to the movie in the other room and Dean couldn't find Sam outside.

Much to Dean's surprise, he opened his brother's door only to find Gabriel alive and well... and with his baby brother. They were nestled up together on Sam's double bed asleep.

Not only was Gabriel alive, but he and Sam actually worked the stuff out that fast???? It took him years to talk to Cas about his feelings for him.

Wow... good on you, Sammy. Good on you he thought.

He closed the door and returned to the couch with Castiel.