"All Boy's School Survival Guide" for girls chapter 3

♠--Tip 3: Avoid talking excessively, especially when in an audience of too many guys. Giving information about your background can also become a major problem if someone questions about too many things. If someone is a little pushy about giving them answers, always give vague/general information that is easily recalled.--♠

From: "All Boy's School Survival Guide" for girls

Aliza rushed out of the room as fast as she could and as she closed the door, her face ran smack into something very hard. Tipping her head up, she realized, she had just ran into someone's chest! When she made no move to dislodge herself, the person spoke. Aliza's head, which was still trying to digest the events that happened in the room, was more started as she heard the guy's voice.

"Umm...Dude, are you okay?" Aliza pushed herself back and tried to form a coherent reason as to why she was in such a rush to leave the room. She licked her suddenly very dry lips, and darted a look at the person standing inches from her.

"I...umm...i'm...I was hungry, so I..uh...needed to go and find the cafeteria." Thinking to herself that she had handled that quite well, she looked smugly back at the person. She noticed that he was the opposite of Lucien. His hair was pitch black, his eyes were just as dark; she could have described them as obsidian eyes. His face was a lighter shade then that of Lucien's, but still not a pasty completion. He was almost as tall as Lucien, but had a little more defined body. Still in her thoughts, she almost missed that he was asking her something.

"...dude, you still here? I asked if you're sharing the room with Luc?" The guy asked. She noticed that his accent was definitely more Scottish then British. "I'm Roan, and you are...?"

Too deep in her musing, she almost answered her real name, "Ali..ah...Alex, my name's Alex, and yea, i'm sharing Lucien's room. I was just heading to the cafe to grab something to eat."

--~--

Roan looked Alex over. He had an odd prickly feeling in his chest. When he had watched Alex move his tongue over his lips, his heartbeat had picked up as though he was running on a treadmill. What the heck! God I must have lost more sleep then I though last night. Am I coming down with something? He tried to be nonchalant and continued the conversation.

"I was just heading there myself, i'll go with you. You must be the new student; we don't usually have new students in the last year. Have you seen the whole campus grounds yet?"

"No, I just got here a couple of hours ago." Alex replied. Roan noticed that his voice was still maturing. God! This dude must be hitting puberty late.

"If you want, I can show you around, what class are you in?"

"OhMyGod, it would be really nice not have to go through the campus by myself, thanks , and i'm in 12C."

"I guess we're in the same class."

As they continued walking, the odd feeling Roan had did not subside, but only grew. During the whole walk, he kept stealing glances at Alex. He noticed that he was on the short side, and the dude was a bag of bones if nothing else. He had unusual eyes, and Roan could not help but glance at his lips. He suddenly shook his head to gather his wayward thoughts.

--~--

During the walk, they talked about the school, and clubs that are offered during time off from class. Aliza learned that Roan and Lucien were both on the swimming team. Lucien was also on the badminton team. She was a little surprised to find they had something in common. Aliza had only one sport obsession and that was badminton. At her school back home, she had been on the team all throughout high school and had loved running the badminton club as well. She was proud that last year she was finally the MVP, after being the MIP for two years in a row.

She also learned that the school had many class events throughout the year, and could not wait to participate in them. She became more relaxed with Roan. He was easy to talk to, and her heart didn't seem like it was running a marathon when she was near him, unlike when she was with Lucien. She was deep in her thoughts when she lost her bearing and tripped over someone's bag in the hallway.

Closing her eyes, she brought her arms in front of her face, with her hands clenched against her forehead.

She realized at the same time that she was not hitting the ground, but instead, there were arms around her waist, giving her some balance to right herself. She straightened and felt someone right behind her. She turned to find that it was Lucien who had caught her. Hot colour flushed across her face.

She darted a look to the right and found that Roan was standing being Lucien. Trying to avoid any eye contact with Lucien, she quickly thanked him.

"Thanks, I wasn't looking where I was going." When she realized that his hands were still on her waist, she finally looked up into his face, and blanched.

--~--

Lucien was holding quite possibly the smallest waist he has ever noticed on a guy. It felt soft and curvy; his hands were almost spanning the whole of it, and he smelt that blasted vanilla scent again. He didn't realize that he was staring at Alex until Roan shifted behind him. He jerked back but still kept his eyes on Alex. Hell! He couldn't stop looking at him even if he tried. The guy was bright as an apple, and looked far too cute not to notice. CUTE? What the heck! Where did that thought come from?

When Roan tried to move closer to Alex, Lucien stepped forward and pushed himself between Roan and Alex. "I guess you met Roan, I was going to the cafe to eat as well."

Everyone moved towards the cafe doors, feeling disoriented by the bizarre situation. No one said anything until they heard from behind.

"Aliza?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[For those who might not know, MVP stands for Most Valuable Player, and MIP, is the Most Improved Player.

PS let me know what you guys think so far about the chapters. I would love some comments about what you guys think about the characters and the plot so far]