Angry is not a good colour

I was an idiot.

I was more than an idiot. I was an imbecile. My heart must have been beating a hundred beats per minute as I pressed myself against the door of my house.

"Mum? Dad?" I yelled, hoping that they were still in the living room watching family fortunes.

There was no reply. Where were they anyway? I only left the house half an hour ago.

I stuck my head sneakily over the window ledge by the door, taking a peek outside to see if Chase was there. Looking out to the tree line I saw him, my cardigan still  in his hands, as he stared at the door. And boy did he look angry.

As if sensing me, Chase's eyes snapped to the window I was peeking out of and a sadistic smirk graced his handsome face.

"Mum? Anyone?" I yelled again as I kept eye contact with him, not daring to break it incase he disappeared and popped up in front of me like in one of those horror movies.

Again there was no reply and by the widening of Chase's smirk he was listening and knew I was alone in the house. My gut hurled when I saw him slowly advance to the door.

What do I do?

Bloody hell Hayley, you've gone and done it now!

I slowly backed away from the door, my eyes glued to the growing silhouette through the frosted glass. It kept on getting bigger, I never even realised how tall Chase was until now.

"Hayley, I know you're there. I can smell you." Chases deep voice chuckled lowly through the door. If I wasn't so scared I would of made a snarky comment about how creepy 'I can smell you sounds'.  Then again, he's my mate so he's bound to smell me.

I kept on moving back, my eyes never leaving his giant shadow. I slowly started to advance up the stairs, my heart jumping out of my mouth when Chase began to violently shake the door handle.

"Let me in Hayley, you won't like me when I'm angry." Chase's voice remained calm, but I could sense the threat behind his words.

"No." I spoke quietly, apart of me hoping he didn't hear me, but the stiffening in his silhouette told me otherwise.

"Either you open this door right now, or I'm going to tear it off its hinges." He was definitely angry now, his voice rising just a little.

I don't know what came over me, whether it be the mate bond or me being insanely stupid, I made my way back down the stairs. I got closer to the door, my hands enclosing around the smooth handle about to pull down.

"Go to mate." Shei instructed, a wolfie smirk plastered on her muzzle.

As if her voice snapped me out of my trance that wanted to see Chase and be near him, I pulled my hand away from the door, instead flicking the latch to lock the door.

"No." I said defiantly, out loud, more to Shei than anyone else. However, Mr big scary alpha presumed I was talking to him, his large fist smashing into the door.

The frosted glass that was once there was no more. Instead in its place was a very scary and very angry Chase. His eyes had turned a charcoal black staring down at me, his nostrils were flaring and his chest was rising up and down very harshly. He wasn't just mad.

He was beyond pissed.

Now what? Bloody run you fool! I yelled at myself internally.

And run I did.

I clambered up the stairs, my heart beating a hundred beats per minute. Faster! Run faster! Come on Hayley, you can do it.