Homecalls

A levels are over! I'm back and free of work! These past few months have been so hectic and I can't wait for September to roll around. University, here I come!

After Chase stormed out, I had felt physically and mentally drained and was escorted up to a room by one of his pack members. They didn't speak to me and well...I didn't speak to them. I didn't have the energy and I wasn't bothered.

Ain't nobody got time to talk to a pack member whose Alpha basically just said that he would assault me. I was bitter, I was exhausted and I was hungry. But let's be real, when was I ever not hungry?

I was currently sat on the bed of the lavish room I was sent to. The decor of the room matched well with the rustic appearance of the pack house. The room was heavily covered in dark colours such as burgundy, brown and black that made the lonely room feel somewhat cosy.

Beautifully embroidered curtains draped across the large bay window looking out onto the vast forest that was patrolled by guards whom had shifted into their wolf forms. It was highly intimidating as every time I attempted to approach the window their heads would all snap up to me simultaneously.

At this moment in time, my escape seemed distant. But that didn't mean I was giving up. I just had to plan in the utmost detail so that my escape plan had an 80% chance of succeeding. Anything lower than that wasn't worth the risk of attempting.

I'd only know Chase for a few hours but if the rumours of his nature were true, attempting to defy him and failing to do so would end in my demise. At least, I had the advantage of being his mate so I knew he wouldn't kill me, it would be too painful for his wolf.

And anyway, death was too easy of an escape. I wouldn't be able to feel the satisfaction when I see the anger and betrayal on his face when he realises he's lost me.

Call me a sadist if you will, but right now the only thing I want my mate to feel is the burn of my hatred, not the warmth of my love.

As I sat on the dark wood four poster bed I began to check my mind link with the pack, praying I wasn't too out of reach for them to hear me. If anyone could hear me it would be my best friend Judy.

"Judy can you hear me?" I began to signal her in my mind, crossing my fingers that she caught any of what I said.

No response followed so I tried again.

"Judy! It's Hayley, I need you to tell the Alpha that I'm alright. Judy, can you hear me?" I tried again.

It was silent until the reply that came after scared the absolute shit out of me.

"Of course I can hear you dumbass! You were saying it so goddamn loud my head was ringing. Give a woman a chance to reply!" She hollered back in my mind and I couldn't prevent the bright smile that formed on my face.

"Idiot! You could of given me a heart attack!"

"Tell that to my ear drums!" She chuckled back, "Anyway, where the hell are you? The packs going crazy."

"Judy, I found my mate. He's taken me back to his pack and I'm with him now. You need to tell my mum and dad not to worry, I'm ok and will be home as soon as I can escape." I vented to her as quickly as possible, I didn't know when Chase would be returning so I needed to say this before he came back.

"Your mate certainly left a hell of a mess for me to clean up! Your parents thought it was me who broke down your door after having one too many! He must have some seriously penned up testosterone to have ripped open the door? You flash him your undies or something?" I could hear the smirk in her voice and I could help but chuckle.