Kidnapped

"Don't you dare fart!"

"Excuse me?" Chase asked, clearly confused.

"My face is very near your derrière." I pointed out, "so if you were to fart I would be the first to know about it."

We had been on the move for about half an hour now, this was the first effort I had made in starting a conversation since Chase basically told me to shut up.

"I may be a brute Hayley but that doesn't mean I am not a gentleman." If my face wasn't behind Chase and I was looking at him, he would no doubt be rolling his eyes right now.

"Gentleman my arse!" I crack a fake laugh as Chase lets out a faint growl. Clearly his wolf didn't like that one.

"Care to collaborate?"

"What sort of gentleman throws a lady over his shoulder, against her will might I add, forcing her to go wherever he wants." I joke as I dangle my arms, swaying them with the rhythm of Chase's steps.

"A very powerful gentleman who wants to take what is rightfully his home." His grip on me tightened possessively causing me to wince at the pressure on my stomach.

"I may be your mate matey, but I am not rightfully yours!" I snapped, I was not an object to be owned.

This was why I never wanted a mate. We were treated as if we were simply an object that could be told what we can and can't do. I was not an object! Did I look like I had a lampshade glued to my head, my face lighting up every time someone switched me on.

"I wouldn't go as far as calling yourself a lady." He chuckled to himself, repositioning me on his shoulder.

"And why would you say that?" I asked bitterly.

"For one, ladies wouldn't use that tone. And two, ladies learn how to control their mouths."

"Fuck you."

"Tsk tsk Hayley. Such foul words should not come out of such a beautiful mouth." His finger started to trace patterns on the exposed part of my stomach sending electrical tingles pulsating up my body.

"Chase." I gasped out as I involuntary shivered.  Shei purred inside my head, she was enjoying this and I instantly knew the atmosphere had changed once I heard Chase's breath hitch.

"Don't you just adore how your body reacts to my touch? One simple poke and I could have you submitting to me right here." He whispered, his voice now low and husky.

Oh lordy!

What can I say to that? The way things were going I wasn't sure if I could fight the mate bond much longer. Shei was clawing, begging for me to allow our mate to do things to us that shouldn't be spoken aloud.

And in an odd way, I wanted him to. I can't deny the attraction that I feel towards Chase, even if I didn't want it to be there, but the mate bond was there and it was inevitable unless I rejected Chase.

However, despite the amount that I hated the mate bond I could never truly bring myself to reject my mate. Not only would it cause immense pain for both of us but I would never be myself again.

"Hayley?"

"Huh?" I shook my head from my inner thoughts as Chase shook me softly. I think he said something to me and I was completely oblivious to it.