Detour to destiny.

IM ALIVE!!!

IM SOOOO SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO UPDATE! I feel like such a villain. TBH, I was planning on giving up with this story when *whoosh* I was hit with a eureka moment and immediately started to write!

Plus I give part of the blame for me being so absent to Netflix and anime!

I really don't like this chapter but you guys needed something! So please enjoy. Xxxx

***

I stole a glance at Chase's profile as he dragged me through the pack house, his face still holding a stoic expression as he kept his gaze looking straight ahead. I hadn't really had the opportunity to stare at his face but now that I could, I couldn't stop.

The thin layer of stubble that ran down his jaw line and defined his cheekbones looked prickly to the touch and I couldn't help myself when I had a sudden urge to touch it. Luckily, for my safety and my ovaries, I decided against it. I'd already been pinned down by Chase today and I wasn't intending on it happening again!

As if sensing my heated gaze, Chase gulped drawing my eyes to his neck that connected his stupidly perfect head to his toned and chiselled body. I've not seen his body yet but the way his shirt clung to him gave me an eyeful of his muscles.

He's definitely been eating his spinach.

My eyes lowered to the place between his neck and collar. The place where my mark would eventually go and I couldn't help but try and picture how glorious it would look against his tanned skin.

Unconsciously, I brought my hand up to my own neck and traced the area of skin that would hold Chase's mark, showing the world that I was his, even if I didn't want it.

His. That was one of the things that always put me off of having a mate. It gave me a label. I was no longer seen as a person, I was now deemed Chase's property. I found it ridiculous that something that was continuously expressed as being special was actually a way of making a she-wolf conform to the domination of the male.

In my case, it was worse. My mate was an alpha. A possessive, stubborn, ass of an alpha.

As if the Moon Goddess couldn't be any meaner...oh wait. She didn't just give me an alpha for a mate but the biggest and the baddest wolf of all.

Maybe his was karma for pranking my brother?

To Chase, I probably look like the little piggy in the straw house and as he is the big, bad wolf, it was his responsibility to blow down my house and take me. Except Chase didn't blow down my house.

No...he kicked down my door.

My Mum and Dad were probably freaking out right now. Maybe even Sam...but, I doubt that. If someone goes missing from our pack we are given 3 days to inform the Alpha of what is happening. If nothing is reported the pack will then hunt for the missing member.

I'll use those 3 days to my advantage and escape. But first I'll need to mind link anyone from my pack, just so they know I'm safe.

Thinking of home was causing my emotions to spiral out of control and I could tell Chase was starting to notice. He would first notice my anger towards him as it was emitting out of me the strongest, leaving a bitter scent in the air.