Fifty Seven

George couldn't help but stare at the small figure that was laying next to him. He should've known she was planning something the moment she texted him in the middle of the class, it never happened before, since they were always busy with class, and he was busy getting her attention as George, not Austin.

He was feeling guilty yet relieved that she finally figured out that it was him, he was getting tired of talking with his "British" accent, as it only made him feel even more guilty than ever.

The door flung open and he saw Blake--Maria's brother enter the room, he was panting as if he had just finished running a marathon. His hair was damp, his left eye was red and there was a towel around his neck. George swore that there was a little bit of shampoo on Blake's hair.

Interesting family.

"What the heck happened? I was in the freaking shower and I got a freaking voice mail saying my sister was having a panic attack." Blake said as he walked closer to George.

"See this?" He pointed his finger to his left eye, "The shampoo got into my eye because I got distracted by the call. It was freaking painful."

"You still got some on your hair.", George said trying his best to not laugh, which caused him to awkwardly fake cough.

"Well no shit, George! Just look at me, my hair is damp, one eye is red as fuck and I'm carrying a freaking towel! I was naked, George. Thank God I had a spare shirt and shorts in my car or else I would have been running here naked. Imagine that George, naked and--"

"Naked and afraid, huh?"

"Yes naked and--oh hey you're awake." George looked at Maria petite figure and bit the inside of his cheeks.

"Oh shit, you're awake. Are you okay, ree?" Blake asked as soon he realized that his sister was awake. Maria looked back and forth between George and Blake as she tried to get up, Blake was quick to help her while George was unsure of what to do and what not to do.

"I've been better." she said as the room became silent. George itched to say something but yet he was not sure about what to start with.

This is Mom calling, better pick up the phone before she cuts your balls out. This is Mom---

"I need to answer this" Blake said and walked himself out. The intensity became more surreal and George couldn't handle it anymore.

"I'm sorry." He said, almost yelling. "I'm sorry." He repeated, softer this time.

"I know you are." She whispered.

"Listen, Maria. I really wanted to tell you, I swear. But then, the stupid Yuv dared me to go up to you and act like a huge jerk. You know Yuv right? The one that always wears the same freaking shirt that says he had a dozen of it. I swear, it wasn't me. Well, it was me but it wasn't me. You know what I'm saying right?" George rambled. He does that when he tries to explain himself and people often think that he was dumb for doing that. His face starts to redden when he hears Maria chuckle.

"I didn't know you ramble like that, it's cute dummy. You're also blushing." She said and George swore his heart starts to beat faster when he heard her call him that.

"I am not." He denies blushing even further, but she ignored his protest and said,

"So, George Austin Niell. Don't you think you have more to explain?" Maria raised her eyebrow as George sighed

"What about this, you ask me anything and I will answer it?" He offers and she smiled. He never got the chance to see her smile up-close because she was always frowning when she was near him.