Twelve

ESME'S POV

"Hi mom."

Bella....

I think I might be the first vampire to completely loose my mind.

It can't be her... Alice told us she died!

I went to her grave and sobbed, wishing I could cry for my lost daughter. It was hard enough to leave her.... But knowing she died and I wasn't there to protect her was to much.

But she's not gone.

She's right in front of me.

I can see her....feel her!

"You going to stare at me with your mouth open all day or are you going to give your daughter a hug." I did not need to be told twice and crashed out bodies together in a tight embrace never wanting to let go.

A contented purr started to rumble from me as Bella snuggled into my chest.

I lost track of how long we laid there on the snow covered floor, but to me it was not long enough. For all eternity still wouldn't be enough for me after what I've done. No mother should abandon their child. I can never forgive myself for leaving her behind. But I will never leave her again! Bella started to shift against me so I loosened my grip on her some. It was hard for me to do so. I felt her tighten her grip slightly before she released me. "You have no idea how much I've missed you." I cupped her cheeks softly looking into her now crimson eyes. No matter the color, these were the same loving and caring eyes of my daughter. I won't do something as thoughtless as leaving Bella again........ even..... even if I have to object the his orders.

Wait... That's weird. this is the first time I have ever thought to disobey Carlisle before. For some reason I feel like I've been freed of something. But I don't know what. I'll think about that later. Right now I have better thing to focus on.

"How are you alive? What happened to you when we left Bella? Alice said she was getting strange visions from you for a while and then nothing. We thought you was just on La Push, but when a few days passed a few of us got worried. When we went to go check on you. It was already to late."

I lowered my hand from her face and averted my eyes as I remembered the pain and hollowness I felt when i saw the gravestone with her name on it. It broke the hearts of Alice and Emmett. Even Rosalie was heartbroken. Poor Jasper felt so much guilt. Blaming himself for us leaving because he could not control himself. 

Now that i thought about it... We where the only ones that felt some type of grief. I remember seeing Edward angry and Carlisle looked disappointed about something. I couldn't find a reason as to why they would feel that way. And oddly i never questioned it before. My train of thoughts got interrupted by slim arms wrapping around me. 

"I know you are confused right now. I promise I'll explain as much as i can. For now lets start to head back to the house before Jane loses her temper." I nodded in agreement and we started walking back.

ISA'S POV

As we walked back to the house I filled her in on certain things that has been going on. I kept about what has really been going on in her coven to myself for now. I told her about how Edward left me in the woods and what he said. To say she was not happy about that was an understatement of the year. It took me couple minutes to calm her down after that. Once she did I told her about how I blocked Alice's visions of me and anyone decisions that involved me in any way. How I became part of the Volturi and some of my missions. She laughed when I told her how I treated Caius when I first saw him. I didn't tell her about Victoria just yet. I didn't even tell her that Jane is my mate and that I have more children. That will be revealed soon if what I saw was anything. And that proved to be very entertaining so who am I to change that.