Part 3

After we finished eating, Rhyan, Maddie, and I grabbed our book bags and started walking to school. "So, anyone have plans for after school?" I asked. "Yep, we have our last volleyball game after school at five o'clock today. You guys are coming, aren't you?" Rhyan wondered. "Yeah, I'm coming." Maddie said. "Of course I'm coming!" I yelled. We finally arrived at The North Miami Beach High School of Academic Success, our school. We headed to our lockers.

​After I emptied out my locker, I went to find my friends. When I got outside, Mary Kate ran up to me. "Guess what, Callie?" she screamed. "We get free cookies at lunch?" I guessed. "No, the teachers said that they have extended free period to be two hours longer!" she exclaimed. "No way! Two hours and fifty eight minutes with all of our friends! This is so perfect! It is our last day of our first year as high school students at The North Miami Beach High School of Academic Success, and we get to spend most of the day with our friends!" I laughed.

We walked over to where our friends were sitting at a picnic table. We sat down and Mary Kate said, "Let's all go pick up our yearbooks together!" Everyone agreed, so we got up and went over to get our yearbooks. On the cover of our yearbooks, the school name was printed in large letters: THE NORTH MIAMI BEACH HIGH SCHOOL OF ACADEMIC SUCCESS! 2011 - 2012. The words were silver and printed on a black shiny background. The rest of our free period was spent talking about our plans for summer vacation.