Part 5

Chapter Two

"Hey, Mary Kate! Do you want to come to Rhyan's last volleyball game with me?" I asked. "Sure, it sounds like fun to me!" she replied. "Okay, we are walking to get Connor now; do you want to come with us?" I asked. "Sure, let's go!" Mary Kate said excitedly. We met up with Maddie and her friend Rachel. We all started walking towards The North Miami Beach Elementary School for Advanced Learners. When we finally got to The North Miami Beach Elementary School for Advanced Learners, we waited outside for their school to end. We had to wait for a long time because The North Miami Beach High School of Academic Success got out at two forty five, and The North Miami Beach Elementary School for Advanced Learners got out at three fifty two. So we had to wait for about an hour before we could go inside.

When their final bell finally rang, hundreds of kids ran through the doors, eager to go home. We searched for Connor and finally found him in the middle of the crowd of people. We tried to push our way over to him. "Connor!" we all yelled, to get his attention. He looked around to try to find out who had called his name. When he found us he quickly ran over to us. He was literally bouncing off of the walls because he was so excited that school was out. After he calmed down a little, we walked over to a nearby ice cream shop to celebrate the end of the school year.

Once we got there, we chose to sit in a booth in the back. A waitress came over to take our orders after we all piled into the booth. I ordered a bowl of strawberry ice cream with extra whipped cream on it. Mary Kate got a triple chocolate fudge brownie sundae. Maddie got a single scoop of vanilla ice cream on a waffle cone. Rachel ordered one scoop of peanut butter chocolate chip ice cream in a bowl. Connor got a banana cream milk shake, his favorite. While we were waiting for our ice cream, Connor asked, "Where is Rhyan?" "She is practicing for her last volleyball game! We are going to go watch her play when we are finished with our ice cream." I said.

The waitress walked over to our table with her tray full of our orders. "Who ordered the bowl of strawberry ice cream with extra whipped cream?" she asked. "Over here!" I replied. "Okay." she said and put the bowl of delicious strawberry ice cream and extra whipped cream in front of me. She called out the rest of our orders and everyone soon had their ice cream in front of them.

We were all silent as we dug in to our ice cream. I scooped spoonful after spoonful of delicious strawberry ice cream and whipped cream into my mouth. Connor was slurping his milkshake very loudly. All of the sudden, he yelled, "Brain Freeze!" Everyone in the ice cream shop stopped talking and turned to stare at our table. Suddenly, our whole table burst out laughing at the funny situation. Soon everyone turned back to their ice cream and started to continue their conversations like nothing at all had happened. We were all still laughing hysterically at Connor and the people's reactions.