Getting Closer

*Kaitlyn's POV*

It was Smackdown and me and Imigie were set to interview Michael Cole before we went face to face before our match at Money In The Bank.

Imigie and I went into the interview room. We then sat down in our seats and Michael Cole gave us a smile before nodding for the camera crew to start.

"Hello everyone and welcome to our weekly interview," he said while we waited patiently. "It is the final Smackdown before Money In The Bank. I am here with my guests at this time, Kaitlyn and Imigie."

He turned to us and gave us a nod, prompting us to give our hellos. Of course this would be interesting. Imigie and I had heat over AJ but I wasn't even sure what Imigie would say about this.

"You both will be competing against AJ Lee and against each other for the Divas Championship at Money In The Bank," Michael said as we nodded. "AJ had an interesting road to taking the title. Kaitlyn, you have been Divas Champion before and are hoping for to become the two time Divas Champion. And Imigie, since you have been climbing the wall to try to get to the Divas Championship and maybe that will happen for you. Anyway, Kaitlyn, your thoughts about this upcoming match?"

I squared my shoulders then took a deep breath before composing myself to speak.

"This will definitely be a good one," I said. "Not only fighting the girl that was once my best friend but also going against my new best friend."

I gave Imigie a hug and she gave me a sad smile, obviously telling me something I needed to mention.

"Imigie and I may be friends but we are also competitors," I continued. "It's not a friendship to grieve over but if one of us win, we will sure congratulate the other. But we will always stand with each other when we both in defeat. AJ doesn't know that a strong powerful ally will always stand by you. She obviously lost her allies but her loss."

Michael nodded to me then turned to Imigie who seemed to look kinda sad.

"Imigie," he said. "Your thoughts about your upcoming match?"

"I'll be honest Michael," Imigie replied solemnly. "I was never expecting another title shot but here I am, back again and ready for a fight. And like what Kaitlyn said-"

She gave me a hug and I looked down at her, seeing the anguish in her eyes. Obviously, something was wrong. Seems like AJ got to her worse than I thought, or is it something else?

"We will always have each other's back whether in victory or defeat," she continued. "AJ once had two friends but she decided to abandon them and decides to play the victim. And I vow to become the new Divas Champion."

Michael gave her a nod then turned to us both.

"Speaking of AJ, things seemed to be getting kind of odd involving her and two other superstars," he said. "After she broke up with Dolph Ziggler, she seems to be clinging with the Team Rhodes Scholars, specifically with Damien Sandow. Cody Rhodes is in this mental state of mind that he doesn't know who he should be. What do you think about this?"

I was the one to speak first.

"AJ has gotten into a habit of manipulating people," I said, anger clearly in my voice. "I feel like she's manipulating Cody. I don't know why she's doing it but she's doing it."

"I have a theory that it's something deeper than just manipulation," Imigie corrected. "Cody told me earlier that "he" had a plan. I feel like Damien and AJ might be involved in this. I think that something could happen to the Rhodes Scholars all in all in the hands of AJ. And I have a feeling that most likely Damien could be involved in our match somehow but I won't give divulge anything else."