13

(A/N: I have to get through this chapter and the next one before I can get to the drama I have planned, so bear with me through the time-skips)

•••••

Wanda stands behind me as I sit, curling my hair into perfect ringlets. She's already done my makeup, somehow making me look beautiful. My eyes are darker on the crease, but light on the eyelids. My lips are painted with a light pink lip gloss.

Somehow, Wanda was able to force me into a white skater-style dress and silver strappy heels with crystals on the straps. I wear the Blood Stone, as well as my ring from Bucky. Both are a bit of a given, as I never take them off.

"There!" she finishes excitedly. Getting a mischievous grin on her face, she nudges me playfully. "Just wait until your boyfriend sees you."

"He's not my boyfriend!" I squeak, blushing bright red as my voice comes out way higher than I intended.

"No? Then do you cuddle with all your male friends? I have not seen you do that with Steve or Sam or Scott," she smirks.

"Bucky's different," I mumble, adverting my eyes.

"Because you like him."

"Yeah," I sigh without thinking. I suddenly realize what I said, and I look at her with wide eyes. Telling Clint and Laura is one thing, telling Wanda is another. "I mean-"

"Uh uh uh," she tuts in a sing-songy voice, smiling gleefully all the while. "You said it! You have feelings for him!"

"Wanda!" I hiss. "He'll hear you!"

"Don't you want him to? Then you can kiss and stop being so painfully oblivious to each other's affections," she explains as if instructing me on how to tie my shoes.

"It's not that simple," I say, playing with my ring. "I don't want to ruin our friendship."

"Why would it ruin our friendship?" she asks, confused.

"Not ours," I say with a small giggle. Holy crap, did I just giggle? "I meant my friendship with Bucky."

"Oh, right" she laughs. "Well, I personally think you two can only benefit from revealing your feelings. James needs somebody to love, and he already loves you. You clearly feel the same. It's quite obvious, really."

"What's obvious?" Clint asks, walking in with Laura. She seems so content and relaxed for having a house full of vigilantes. Must be because their children are off at her parents' house, according to what she told me when I asked about them.

"How painfully obvious Claire's love for James is and vice versa," Wanda replies easily. I blush even brighter when Sam and Bucky come waltzing in.

"What's going on with me and Claire?" Bucky asks, curious.

"You both-"

"Nothing," I interrupt, giving her a glare. I look back at Bucky and give him a smile. "Nothing, don't worry," I say sweetly.

"You sure?" he makes sure, giving me a look that says he isn't convinced.

"I'm sure."

•••••

"Relax," Bucky murmurs as we enter the school gymnasium. I'm wearing my dark purple graduation robe and cap over my dress, and I'm holding lightly onto Bucky's arm. "You look beautiful, and you'll do amazing."