24

SIX MONTHS LATER - CLAIRE'S P.O.V.

"Wanda, I don't know if I can do this," I say frantically, smoothing my skirt down.

My reflection looks nothing like me. I wear a beautiful white dress with a silver crown of rubies and black diamonds. Bucky's dog tags are around my neck, regardless of my attire.

"Claire," she says gently, "he loves you. You love him. I promise, you'll be fine. As soon as you see him, all your nerves will be gone."

I know she's right. Bucky always makes everything okay. He takes away all my fear.

"Thanks, Wanda," I smile gratefully at her. I let out a shaky laugh. "I can't believe I'm getting married at eighteen to Bucky Barnes. Who would have thought?"

She grins. "Things have a weird way of working out for the best. I am so glad you two found each other. I really am."

Suddenly, the clock hits twelve. Her smile widens.

"Let's go get you married."

•••••

Clint is waiting for me outside the doors. He gives me a warm smile the second he sees me.

"Claire," he murmurs, "you look beautiful."

"Thanks, Clint," I smile softly. "And thank you for doing this. It really means the world to me."

"It's my pleasure," he grins. "Now, let's go get you married. But you better tell me if Barnes steps out of line, okay?"

"Okay," I laugh. "But I doubt that will happen."

"Yeah, so do I."

Suddenly, the music starts up, and my heart races even faster. I take Clint's arm, and the church doors open.

Oh my gosh, I'm getting married. I'm getting married to Bucky Barnes. James Buchanan Barnes will be my husband. Holy crap. I'm going to be Claire Barnes. Hey, that sounds pretty awesome! Okay, okay, I can do this.

I walk down the aisle, and my eyes land on Bucky. Instantly, a wave of calm washes over me. He's wearing a black suit, black shirt, and red tie. His hair is pushed back, but it's not overly slick. It's just the way I like it. His metal hand is shining, clearly freshly polished.

He's smiling from ear to ear, his eyes glistening. He can't look away from me, and I can't tear my eyes off of him. He's the definition of beauty.

"You take good care of her, Barnes," Clint warns as he hands me off to him.

"You know I will," he promises, taking my hands in his. "You look beautiful, sweetheart."

"Well, so do you," I reply, grinning at him. He laughs, lightly squeezing my hands.

The minister says a lot of things I don't really pay attention to. When, it comes time for the vows, I offer to recite mine first.

"Up until I walked into this room and saw you waiting up here for me, I had no idea what I was going to say," I admit, earning myself some chuckles from the audience. "So I'm just going to tell the truth. I love you. I love you more than anything. You're my sunshine.

"You're everything to me. I...I don't really know what I'd do or where I'd be if I didn't have you." I look down at our joined hands for just a second before looking up at him again. "I trust you entirely, and I can't wait to live the rest of my life with you."

Bucky lightly kisses my knuckles, "Claire, sweetheart, you're my saving grace. You know I'm broken beyond repair, and I'm not afraid to admit it. You know why? Because you're the one who fixes me. You give me a reason to live.

"You're the love of my life. You're my moon and stars. You have my heart, my soul, everything I have is yours. I will protect you with my life. I'll love you until the end of time, and I swear to God, I'm never going to hurt you or let anyone else. You're mine, and I'm so thankful to be yours."

"Do you, James Buchanan Barnes, take Claire to be your lawful wedded wife?" the pastor asks.

Bucky's eyes are locked with mine as he replies, "I do."

"Will you love, respect and honor her throughout your years together?"

"I will."

The pastor turns to me, "Do you, Claire Calandra Clarke, take James-"

"Bucky," Bucky and I both interrupt.

"Alright, do you take Bucky to be your lawful wedded husband?" he asks.

"I do," I say instantly.

"And will you love, respect, and honor him throughout your years together?" he asks.

"I will," I nod.

The pastor smiles, "Well, then, may we have the rings?"

A young boy steps forward. He's Sam's nephew, Clyde. Bucky picks up a beautiful silver ring. He takes my hand and lightly slides the ring onto my finger.

"With this ring," he murmurs, "I thee wed."

I then pick up the black titanium ring I chose for him. I carefully put it on his ring finger. I softly say, "With this ring I thee wed."

The pastor smiles kindly, "By the authority vested in me by the Kingdom of Wakanda, witnessed by your friends and family, I have the pleasure to pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Bucky grins like a little boy on Christmas morning, "Finally!"

He takes me into his arms and kisses me like it's the last time he ever will. I kiss him back, my hands pressed to his chest as to feel his heartbeat. It feels like forever, but we do have to pull apart to breathe.

Suddenly, Wanda gasps and the shattering of glass fills the room as her glass of water falls to the floor. She's staring at the man in the doorway with white hair and piercing blue eyes. He smirks at Clint.

"You didn't see this coming?"

THE END