21

I'm surprised when I see Peter walk in after Tony, but  I keep my expression neutral. T'Challa goes over to Tony and shakes his hand.

"Mr. Stark," T'Challa says politely. "Mr. Parker."

"Hey, I know you," Peter says, looking at me.

"Yeah, so do I. You're terrifying," Tony deadpans.

"Thank you," I smirk, crossing my arms.

"We've asked you to come here to talk about making peace," T'Challa says. "I think we all know this fighting has gone on for far too long. The United Nations will be holding a meeting to determine the legality of the Sokovia Accords, so I don't see the need for us to have any quarrel between us right now."

"So, like, no fighting until they make a decision?" Peter asks. T'Challa nods. "C'mon, Mr. Stark! That's not so bad of an idea."

"So she," Tony gestures wildly to me, "won't be whipping us around like rag dolls, correct?"

"Yes, of course," the king confirms. "There would be no violence of any kind. Once a decision is made, if the Accords are still in place, then things will return to their current state."

"Fine," Tony agrees. "But this is only because Pepper is getting ticked that I'm always fighting with people. I mean, we finally get back together, and now, she's mad at me."

"So we're in agreement," T'Challa smiles. He and Tony shake hands. "Would the both of you like to return for a celebratory dinner tonight?"

"I like free food," Tony shrugs. "And this kid needs to learn some people skills. So yeah, sure."

I lead Peter out of the room, as T'Challa wanted to speak to Tony in private. Peter jogs up to walk next to me.

"Hi," he grins boyishly.

"Hey," I reply with a small nod.

"I know you've controlled my blood and all, but I don't think we've really formally met. I'm Peter," he says.

"Claire," I smile politely. "Your web shooter things are pretty cool."

"Really? Thanks!" he exclaims. "I think you're pretty cool! I mean, your powers. Not that you aren't-"

"I think I get it," I interrupt, laughing a little.

"So, um, do you think you might want to hang out sometime?" he asks shyly.

"Sure, it'd be nice to have a friend who's kind of in the same 'superhero' boat," I agree. His face falls a little when I say 'friend.'

"Friend," he repeats. "Do you...do you have a boyfriend? Are you and the guy with the metal arm, like, officially together?"

"We are," I nod, smiling a little.

"I'm happy for you," he says sincerely. "The way he looks at you...well, it's pretty obvious how he feels about you."

"Everybody says that," I laugh softly. "I'm glad, though."

We walk into the sitting room, and instantly, Bucky's in front of me. His hands are lightly placed on my arms.

"Are you okay? Did Stark try to hurt you?" he asks worriedly, scanning my body for signs of injury.

"No, no, I'm okay," I say truthfully. "He agreed to peace."

Bucky nods hesitantly then realizes who's beside me. He narrows his eyes, looking Peter over. He looks back at me, and his eyes focus in on something for a second before relaxing. I'm a bit surprised, but pleased nonetheless. I really didn't want to break up a fight.

"Peter," I say cautiously, "this is Bucky, my boyfriend I was telling you about. Bucky, this is Peter."

Bucky nods, "Hello."

"H-Hi," Peter says, surprised. "Your metal arm is cool."

Bucky raises his eyebrows. Dryly, he replies with, "Thanks."

Peter nods, and Bucky's arm finds its way around my shoulders.

"Well," Bucky says, "Claire and I will be right back."

I know this is his way of saying he wants some quiet time with me, so I don't say anything in protest. Peter goes to talk to Steve, while Bucky leads me away. The two of us go to a quiet sitting room, and he locks the door behind us. The second the doors are locked, he has me pulled to his chest. He lightly caresses my face before kissing me passionately. I clutch his shirt tightly, and he holds me close to him.

"I love you," he breathes against my lips, his forehead pressed against mine.

Suddenly, he scoops me into his arms and sits on one of the couches. He places me in his lap, his arms protectively around me. I snuggle against his chest, resting my head against the front of his shoulder.

"Sorry I pulled you away so suddenly," he tells me. "I need some time alone with you. I saw Peter with you, and I guess I got jealous."

"Why? You know I love you," I say, reaching up and running my fingers through his hair.

"I know," he agrees. "I'm just afraid of losing you."

"That'll never happen, Bucky," I promise him. "You know I'm yours."

"And I'm yours," he responds, kissing the top of my head.

It's quiet as the two of us simply embrace the silence. He plays with his dog tags around my neck, deep in thought. I reach up and run my fingers through his hair, before I lightly kiss his jaw. He smiles slightly, hugging me close to him.

•••••

"We should go on a trip," Bucky says randomly as we watch a movie.

"What kind of trip?" I ask curiously.

"Just a nice getaway," he says. "Somewhere the two of us can just get away from the rest of the world."

"I'd like that," I grin. "Where should we go?"

"Everywhere," he offers. "We could backpack through Europe."

"Okay, we have to do this," I declare. "It would be so amazing."

"It would," he agrees. "I'll get everything planned, okay?"

"Sounds like a plan to me."