Chapter 4: It had to be done..

(Quick authors note: sorry if you cry; also quick announcement: go to fanfiction.net and find 4Dedicated and read her story Sarah! It's amazing and if you love romance and action, you'll love it!! Okay now go enjoy chapter 4!)

Ashlee POV

10:50 AM, December 24, 2014

Wow, it's been three months since Kellie and Nick have split apart and we've accepted Parker into our group. He's not as bad as I expected- on the football team with Nick. They get along pretty well, even if Nick doesn't like him too much but that's okay. As long as he doesn't kill him, we're fine. But Parker will get used to us soon enough. The one person he still needs to get acceptance from is Annie. I mean, I had a feeling that would happen with her since she is a bit of a pain but still.

"Guys it's Christmas Eve!!! Where are we celebrating?" Kellie asked jumping up and down as all of us were snuggled up by the fireplace in Mason's house.

"We can celebrate at my house. My folks are having a party and we can celebrate there," Nick said shrugging his shoulders looking to everyone.

We had all nodded our heads and shrugged saying why not. I'm gonna be honest, things between me and Mason have been hard since our last month anniversary. All he's been doing is ignoring my text, not answering my calls. Nothing. When I go over we don't hug or kiss. All we do is sit there and watch youtube. Honestly, I wouldn't usually mind, but now he won't even hold me close as we watch.

I've been an emotional wreck for the past four weeks, I'd go home and cry about five times thinking I wasn't good enough for him. The girls are telling me not to worry and that everything will be okay. Honestly though, it hasn't felt that way. I want to talk to him about it but I'm scared. The girls are telling me it's a good idea to do so, but I don't know if I want to. I love him... I don't want to lose him yet...

"ASH?!?" Kellie yelled in my ear.

"Huh? What? Why are you yelling?"

"You won't answer us."

"Are you okay?" Ellie asked as she held my shoulder.

"Ya I'm fine, sorry." I say looking over to Mason to see him looking away from me ignoring me completely.

I stood up with almost everyone looking to me. I felt tears well up in my eyes and I walk outside putting my jacket on. I sit on the porch thinking about everything as some tears had started to fall from my eyes. I don't know what to do. I love him, but he acts like I'm a ghost, rarely something that actually exist.

Soon enough Calvin comes walking outside with his jacket on and sits next to me. I lean on his shoulder tears slowly falling down my cheek and onto the ground. He wraps his arm around me in a side hug and I cry more trying to keep my sobs quiet.

"What's wrong Ashy?" He asked in a brotherly tone. Calvin has always been like an older brother to me, he would protect me from harm and when I was sad he would always be there, like the time right now.

"M-Mason. He would hug and hold me, kiss me, and now, nothing. I asked him yesterday if he was okay, he didn't reply to me so I said, 'Okay, don't answer me.' He replied with, 'I don't have to answer you every three seconds.'... Even before, after school, he wouldn't answer my text, calls, nothing."

"Talk to him about this, tell him how you feel Ash."

"I did! I told him people are noticing this sort of change he's in, like you've noticed, the girls, and the other boys have noticed too, I know I'm not the only one!"

"I mean though, tell him how YOU feel in particular, how this affects you!"

"I told him he is important to me and he said he doesn't want to be. Says he doesn't want to be the reason I wake up in the morning, which I mean, I wake up in the morning because I wake up in the morning. Sometimes," Calvin stays quiet as I continue.