Chapter 6: This is how my Friday rolls

Mason POV

Friday, January 20, 2015

It was a quiet day today, no one had texted in the chat and everyone was quiet in class, I wonder why, Ashlee hasn't been herself lately, I still miss her, and I love her a lot, we had so much together, she was my everything. I miss her so much, but I don't know if I'm ready for something big. I see Ashlee walking down the hall and is she with, Adam? I thought she hated him, I mean we all do, but he looks friendly with her, too friendly actually, is she smiling? Oh God I need to get down there, now.

I ran down the hall and see them look to me, I walk in the middle and keep Ashlee behind me so he can't be near her.

"What are you doing near Ashlee?" I asked in a stern voice and he looks past me and toward her.

"Nothing, just checking out the hottie behind you." Adam said with a whistle. I was about to lift my fist when Ashlee held my arm down. I looked to her and she shook her head and leaned against me.

"He's not worth it Mason, lets just leave him." She said in a whisper and I turn to see him looking pissed but not saying anything. I took Ashlees hand and started walking away from him I turn to see Ashlee with her head down.

Once we were far enough I let go of her hand and stood in front of her and she lifted her head up. She looked so small, so fragile. I just wanted to pick her up and kiss her but I know I can't, or who knows what would happen.

"What happened over there? Why was he talking to you?" I said clenching my fist and Ashlee grabbed my hands and they started to relax.

"He had a question on homework in one of our classes. I was just telling him." She said with her head down. I wasn't sure if I should believe her but I decided to just let it roll for now.

"Want me to walk you home?" I asked fixing the bag on my shoulder as we approached the big doors to the school.

"You don't have to but if you want to sure." She said in her soft voice, I nodded and we had both walked home, since it was Friday we had both decided to go for some pizza at the center of town. When we were walking she reached over for my hand and I consciously took hers feeling they were a bit cold. When we were in town I see her looking up to me but I don't say anything.

I stopped walking and looked down to her, both stood across from each other. She looked to me confused but I didn't say anything. I grabbed her hands and held them close, I gave her a huge hug and she hugged me back, I can tell she was tearing up when my shirt felt a little warm and damp. I kissed her forehead slightly and she looked up to me. Her beautiful eyes shining, I see a little bit of tears welled up in her eyes. I slowly bend down and kiss her on the lips, slow and passionate. I missed this, I really did, but I'm just not ready for anything big yet,

She looked to me and hugged me tightly and I hear her sob slightly, I lifted her head up and pushed her hair back behind her ear.

"Don't cry, please, it hurts to see you cry." I say smiling slightly. She sniffles and rubs her eyes and looks up to me.

"Well it is your fault." She said in a joking tone pushing my chest slightly which made me chuckle.

We both entered the restaurant and split an order of potatoe pie pizza with bacon on top, it was amazing. I got a cherry coke and she got a chocolate milk, so childish, so cute. But, we need to move on, look for someone else.

I was walking her home after pizza and I left and went to my house, I was so tired from school, I needed to sleep.

Adam POV

I watched as Mason took Ashlee from me, we were actually having a good conversation too. I'll text her later then, hopefully she won't be with Mason.