Author's Note

Hello!

I just wanted to thank everybody for 500+ reads! That might not seem a lot but it's the most I've ever gotten on anything that I've wrote. (Even though most are probably from my friends haha).

I want to give some more insight and background on four of the main characters that have entered the story so far, before I continue writing chapter 14. But since the story is from Warsan's point of view, I'll leave her out of it.

Tasneem: She's a very genuinely sweet girl that was raised in a big family. Her parents are very religious and strict much to her dismay. In order to escape it she spends all of her time with Warsan. Due to Tasneem's unique personality, she always found it hard to make friends. Warsan is actually her only friend which is why it may seem like she is so unconditionally forgiving towards her.

Ahmed: Similar to Tasneem, he also comes from a huge family. He's unapologetically honest to everybody and doesn't care at all what people think or say about him. This might make him come off as annoying. Unlike Tasneem, he has a lot more friends than just Hakeem..but they do share a special bond because they conveniently live in the same building and spend a lot of time together.

Fuad: As I've mentioned before, he's the youngest of four older sisters that have always looked out for him and protected him. He's a friendly guy to everybody but tends to keep his personal life lowkey. Warsan and his older sister Istahil were the only people that knew everything about him, they were basically the ones he always opened up to. That all changed when he went to NYU, he felt the need to become closed off from everybody in Columbus and just focus on his time in New York. He didn't realize the strain it would cause on his relationship with Warsan..but according to him his love for her has not wavered.

Hakeem: He's a very family and friend oriented guy. He loves his mother more than anything else in the world and would literally kill for her because he knows the life sacrifices she had to make for him. He loves soccer and writing. A lot of girls tend to develop feelings for Hakeem, but unfortunately he is not quick to reciprocate the feeling. He's had one girlfriend in his life and she hurt him to the point that he felt like he would never like another girl again. But that could all potentially change with Warsan.

I hope this helped you guys better understand the characters! If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them below and I'll be more than happy to answer.

Thank you,

Habiba ♡