Revenge

I was about to ask Faisal if he wanted to confront them. Before the words came out of my mouth he was already storming in their direction. I stood up and ran after him. Bayden must have felt somebody following them because she turned around and saw both of us. Her eyes widened and she let go of Hakeem's hand.

"How's your date going?" asked Faisal. Hakeem then turned around to face us also. I looked at Faisal, I had never seen him that angry before.

"You can't even be mad at us." Hakeem laughed.

"You're supposed to be my friend." Faisal sounded hurt. "You're throwing away four years for Hakeem?" Faisal asked Bayden.

Bayden opened her mouth but Hakeem answered for her. "You and Warsan have something going on so me and Bayden got together. Did you think that we were going to sit around while you two ran around with each other? You can't play us like some lames."

"Should we tell them?" I asked Faisal.

He ignored my question and continued talking."If you thought I was cheating on you then you should have confronted me and asked me about it. This is the problem Bayden, you're always assuming the worst when it comes to me." Faisal said to Bayden angrily. Bayden looked down at her hands without saying a word. "This shows that you wanted him all along." he shrugged.

"That's not true." she said quietly.

"It is true." I jumped in. "I should have told you this earlier Faisal."

"Told me what?" he looked at me.

"They were messing around back when he was dating Naima. They've probably been sneaking around all along." I explained.

"You were just waiting for an excuse to do this." he looked back and forth at them.

"Nope this is just revenge." Hakeem shrugged.

"Revenge for what? Spending time with my sister?" Faisal asked.

"It doesn't matter that she's like a sister to you."

"I'm not like his sister, I am his sister." I said. Bayden and Hakeem looked at each other confused. "We have the same dad." I continued.

"Your dad is dead." said Bayden.

"No he's not."

"Your real dad or your adoptive dad?" Hakeem asked.

"My biological father." I said. Bayden and Hakeem stood there defeated.

"Let's go." said Faisal. We walked towards the parking lot together without looking back. We made it to the car, Faisal got in and threw his head back.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you." I said.

"It's okay." he sighed. "Are you okay?"

"Not really." I said. My eyes began to fill with tears. "I'm so dumb. I should have seen it coming."

"There's other guys in the world." he assured me. "We'll both move on and find better people. This kind of thing happens all the time."

At that point the tears were already streaming down my cheeks. He searched around his car for a napkin. "It's okay." I said. I wiped my tears with the back of my hand. "Why don't you seem upset?"

"I'm hurt but Bayden seemed like she stopped caring a long time ago. I was with her for four years, I really do love her. But I can't force somebody to care if they don't." I could tell that he was trying to hide how he was feeling. I could see the pain on his face. "Why are you crying so much? You must have liked him a lot." he turned to me.