Yunhyeong: Farewell

By 4 in the morning, you'll be rushing to the airport--- away from Korea, away from your friends and away from Yunhyeong. He never knew of your father's wish, because you feared if he begged you to stay, you just might do what he says.

Yunhyeong has been more than just a bestfriend to you, and you were both aware of that. He too, knew that what you had wasn't just bestfriendship. An imaginary string binds you two together, and things worked well that way.

But you have to leave. And just the thought of leaving him already broke you.

The clock ticked 8 in the evening. There's no time to waste. You had to atleast say farewell--- closure, even if feelings were never established. You decided to put your thoughts aside and go to his place.

You held out a copy of his key and quietly sneaked into the apartment. Yunhyeong was busy with something on his couch. You crept up beside him. Is he seriously kissing his phone?!

"What are you doing?" you spoke in his ear. Yunhyeong fell off the couch in surprise. You laughed at him, then sat at the couch.

"N-nothing!" he stammered, sitting beside you.

"Really?" you asked with a grin on your face.

"Of course!" Yunhyeong snapped. "What are you doing here so late?"

Not yet..

"Why are you kissing your phone so late?" you laughed, trying to forget things for a while.

You reached for his phone and was surprised when there was a picture of you there. Yunhyeong snatched his phone away and blushed.

"Oh hoho. Were you kissing my picture?" you teased, leaning close to him.

"I was not! I-- I was just wiping my phone.."

"With your mouth. Nice." you rolled your eyes and chuckled.

Suddenly, you felt soft lips covering yours in an instant. Your eyes shot open and your cheeks flushed madly at the contact. You froze in your spot and just stared at Yunhyeong until the kiss broke.

"There was dirt on your lips too." he laughed, his cheeks matching the color of yours. You just stared at him dumbfoundedly.

"What was that about?" you muttered blankly. Yunhyeong laughed then held your face.

"I love you ______."

For a moment, he was all that existed. His laugh, his warmth, his voice, his lips, his charms. Him. Song Yunhyeong.

You ached to say you feel the same way, after his lips left yours, but then that would just make things more complicated. You broke down in tears and cried to his chest.

How can I bear to leave when I can't even say a single goodbye?