one•

Lexa's POV:
January 30th 1945

"Lexa, Lexa wake up, come on, you need to wake up." I felt someone shaking me, god they wouldn't stop. Then finally my eyes opened and I looked around. Luna is sitting next to me, she must have been the one who was shaking me.

"Thank god, Lexa we need to go, now." Luna said trying to pull me off the ground. I couldn't move though. Pain is rippling through my body. I can't really pin point the source of my agony, but it felt like the pain was just going throughout my whole body in waves.

"I can't" I said. Speaking made pain shoot through my jaw. What the hell happened to me? Why can't I remember what happened to cause me this much pain. In the distance I can hear the air raid sirens and what sounds like explosions.

"Yes you can Alexandra, you must." Luna said and tried to move me again.

I screamed out in pain as she tried to move me. Luna stopped what she was doing and put me back down. She looked around and crouched closer to me when I heard a loud crack.

"Luna go, leave me." I said braving the pain.

"No Lexa, you are my responsibility." Luna said.

"Luna you need to go, save yourself." I pleaded through my pain.

"No, I'm sorry for this Lexa" Luna said and leaned down. She kissed my forehead then looked me in the eyes.

Black surrounded her blue irises and veins raised from her cheeks. She whispered I'm sorry into my ear before she bit down on my neck. Then everything went black and I was no longer in pain. 

***Present Day 73 years later***
Jenna's POV

Today's a new day. Today is the start of my new life. It's September 6th 2016, the start of my senior year in high school. After a rocky few years I'm finally here. Even though I'm at a new school in a different state, I'm getting a fresh start.

Restarting high school after a year of being out was hard. I wish I could have just skipped this last year, but because of my mothers persistence, here I am. When I suggested getting my GED, she almost had a heart attack. She declared that if I were to go to college with her support I would have to finish high school and get my diploma. So with an eye roll and a huff I got into the car with her to go to the school to register for classes.

But now today is the first day. The nerves and anxiety I have had about going back to school amplified and all I want to do is crawl back under my covers and not get out of bed. It's too late for that though because I'm already in the car being driven to school by my mother. My hands are on my knees, I'm afraid that if I take them off she'll see how much I'm shaking. That's the last thing I need right now.

I just need to get through this day and everything should be okay, my anxiety will go down, I'll be able to blend into the background and be a nobody till I graduate in June, at least that's what I hope will happen.

Mom stopping short in front of the school stopped my train of thought and I looked at her.

"Time to go, you know your way home right? I'm most likely going to be stuck at work late today." She said and she grabbed me my backpack from the backseat.

"Yea, I know how to get home." I said and took my backpack from her. She didn't say anything else but looked back out at the road waiting for me to get out of the car.

With a sigh I got out of the older model Jeep and closed the door behind me. The door was barely closed before she sped off down the road and left me standing in front of the school building. South Side High School is written in big letters on top of the electronic signboard that sits not to far from my feet. Different events are being broadcasted on it as I walked up the grass towards the doors. From the outside the school looks a bit older, the ivy is crawling up side of the bricked building almost reaching three quarters of the way up.