eleven•

Her breathing sounds labored and her face is bright red. She didn't say anything but continued to stare at me for a few minutes. Lexa still seems worked up and I don't know if it's from this morning or something else.

"Are you okay?" I asked. Lexa didn't say anything but knelt down to be eye level with the puppy.

She reached out to touch his head. The puppy pushed his head into her hand and licked her palm.

"You already have a guardian?" Lexa said and looked up at me. She looked like she is about to cry.

"I guess so, I found him on my porch when I got home from school." I said.

"I know you still might not want to talk but we need to." Lexa said.

I sighed and walked into my house. A few seconds later the door closed behind Lexa and the puppy and I heard them walk towards me. I took a seat on the couch and Lexa paced around in front of me.

"This is really simple, either you want me or you don't. I have told you practically everything you need to know about me, I just thought that you could see past that thing." Lexa finally said and looked at me.

"Lexa all of this is a lot to handle I don't think you understand." I tried to explain things from my end, on how I am feeling about this.

"All you have to do is say yes." Lexa said getting closer to me.

"Yes to what? Lexa you barely know me. I'm fucked up, I have a lot of issues I need to work on before I can even think of being in a relationship." I said and looked at her.

Lexa is beat red and she looks like she is about to explode. I can barely hear her breathing and I'm getting nervous.

"Say something" I asked quietly.

"Don't ever say you're fucked up Jenna, because you're not. And I don't care about your problems. Whatever they are, we can work through them together." Lexa said.

Could I really give in to her? Give her what she wants? I'm obliviously into her. I just don't know if I can put myself into those kinds of situations again. I know Lexa isn't like Ken but can I feel comfortable enough to trust her not to hurt me? Can I really see her with someone else? When I think about her with someone else my heart wants to cave in and I can't bare it.

"I'm not asking you to marry me Jenna, I just want you to be mine." Lexa said quietly looking at me.

I sighed and looked at the puppy. He must have sensed me looking at him because he jumped onto the couch. I reached down and picked him up and brought him into my lap.

"Can we just be friends first?" I asked not looking at her. I didn't want to look at Lexa so I kept my eyes on the puppy in my lap. I heard Lexa sigh and a few seconds later I felt her sit in front of me. Her hand went to my chin and brought my face up to make me look at her.

"I thought that we were at least friends." Lexa says kind of hurt.

I didn't say anything to her, I just put my head on her shoulder. I'm too tired to deal with all of this right now. All I want to do is curl up next to Lexa right now and fall asleep till tomorrow. The puppy left my lap and I felt Lexa easily lift me up into her arms. She didn't say anything but reaguested me in her arms and made her way towards the stairs. Lexa brought me to my room and laid me in bed. My eyes are having a hard time staying open but once I was in bed with the covers over me Lexa turned to leave.

I reached out and grabbed her wrist. Lexa stopped walking and turned around to face me.

"Don't go" I said looking at her. Lexa only nodded and kicked her shoes off before lifting the puppy up onto the bed. He stayed at the foot of my bed and Lexa got in next to me. Lexa pulled me close and I put my head on her chest.