four•

Matt sat with me for the rest of lunch. I couldn't tell if he was trying to be nice about running into me before or if he actually cares. That has always been a weakness of mine. I can't tell if people are being genuine or if they are just being nice to get what they want. After lunch was over we parted ways and he went off to his next class while I went to mine.

The rest of my day went pretty well and no other teachers bothered me to take off my hat. As the school day came to an end I grabbed my books and walked out of the school. Looking around, my mother's car was nowhere to be seen. I sighed and looked around. After what happened yesterday I don't really want to walk home alone.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again and started walking. Today I am going to take the long way home. I'm not going to take any chances. I started my music and plugged in my headphones as I walked down the sidewalk. I followed somewhat close behind a few girls that were walking ahead of me, but they turned down a side street right before the alley.

When I got to the alley I looked down it. It looks pretty empty, maybe if I run through it I can make it to the other side without anything happening. I think a minute of running will be better then a 20-minute walk around it. So I took a deep breath and looked down the alley again. But right before I was about to take off someone put their hand on my shoulder. Right away I brought my elbow down into the persons stomach and turned around.

Standing right behind me is Lexa. Her blue eyes are shining brightly into mine. They almost look like there are lights behind her eyes with how brightly they are shining.

"Don't go back into that alley again." She said looking right into my soul.

"How did you know I was going to go back through the alley?" I asked still a little bit startled that she stopped me.

"Because I was watching you stare down it for a minute, before I stopped you you were going to go, am I right?" Lexa asked still staring in my eyes.

"Yea I was going to." I said quietly.

"Don't, ever go back in there without someone else." Lexa said.

"Why do you care?" I asked wanting to know.

I feel like I owe Lexa a lot for saving me yesterday but at the same time I want to push her a little bit. I want to know if I'm just another girl she saved or maybe something more.

"Reasons you don't know yet, you might never know why, but I knew that in the moment I had to save you. I couldn't let you get hurt again." Lexa said here eyes still locked on mine.

"What are you talking about again?" I asked getting weirded out.

"Jenna, there are things about me you don't know, dark, bad things that might make you want to run away from me but know that even if you do, I'll still be waiting on the other side." Lexa said.

"You're not making sense Lexa." I said getting really confused.

"Let's just get you home Jenna." Lexa said and shook her head looking at the ground.

"I can walk myself" I said now getting defensive.

"We can go through the alley if you want." Lexa said and looked up at me again.

"Fine" I just said and started to walk through the alley.

Lexa quickly got in front of me and turned to face me, stopping right in my way. She looked like she wanted to say something but every time she opened up her mouth it shut again.

"Please, just stay behind me." Lexa finally said. It looked like it pained her to say that. I don't know why but my confusion and little bit of anger I had over what just happened disappeared. I nodded and gave her a little smile.