seven•

Monday came around and I didn't want to leave my bed. After staying in bed five minutes longer then I should have, I got up and went into the bathroom to start my normal morning routine. As I looked at myself in the mirror I noticed that the bruising on my face is almost gone, with the bruise on my stomach starting to really heal. It will take longer to go away because when the guy hit my stomach harder then my face.

But once I was dressed in a long t-shirt and shorts I went downstairs to be greeted by my mom. She was waiting for me at the island with a bagel in hand and my backpack on the chair.

"Lets go, you are going to make me late." Mom said and handed me the bagel before pushing the backpack into me. I watched her walk out the door before I grabbed a water bottle and headed out the door behind her.

Mom pulled away quickly when I got out of the car and I just sighed and bit into my bagel. Turns out that extra five minutes I stayed in bed was actually 15 and it made me really late for school. I made my way to the office and got a pass for my first period class before going to my locker getting my books. First period was almost over when I got there.

Right when I walked in I found Lexa, she is sitting in the seat behind mine and gave me a smile when I walked into the room. I gave Mr. Quinn my pass and sat down in my seat.

"I didn't think you were coming, is everything alright?" I heard Lexa say behind me.

"Yea, everything is good, I just got up late." I answered and gave her a small smile before taking a bite of my bagel.

The class was boring. Normally math is my favorite class because it always goes by quickly and it's something that comes pretty easy to me. But today the class dragged on for what felt like forever. I just wanted to turn around and talk to Lexa. During class I started to come up with a list of questions I wanted to ask her. The one underlying question I wanted to write on the list but didn't was what else is Lexa hiding?

Finally the bell sounded and released us from first period and I turned to look at Lexa. She seemed to know what I wanted to talk about because she smiled at me and leaned in close to my ear.

"This is not the place for the things we need to talk about, this weekend we will be able to get to know each other better Jenna." Lexa said and kissed my temple.

I couldn't help the blush that formed on my face. When I walked out of the room Lexa was waiting for me by the door. She walked with me to my second period class and only once I walked into the classroom did Lexa leave to go to her second class of the day.

When the time for lunch came Lexa kept her distance. She sat outside with Luna but she watched me through the many windows of the cafeteria. Matt wasn't happy about Lexa's little display of affection. As he sat down in front of me his face was all red.

"What have I been telling you Jenna, don't you get it? Lexa is dangerous." Matt said not interested in his food.

"I don't really care about what you have to say Matt because every time I have been around Lexa she has been nothing but nice to me, she fucken saved me twice over the course of two days." I said raising my voice trying to defend the blue-eyed girl.

"Save you from what?" Matt asked calming down a bit.

"That doesn't concern you, and until you have something better to say don't talk to me." I said and got up from my seat and walked out of the cafeteria.

I didn't go outside to sit with Lexa, I just went to the library to work on some homework I have already gotten. But just like she has for the first half of the day, Lexa was there, waiting by the door when the period ended to take me to my next class.