one: hope

Hope
noun;
A feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.

I don't know why I stopped. I don't know why this unknown person made me feel like I had to stop, and want to turn around. I don't know this person, they don't know me; I don't have any friends.

I turned around slowly, backing away from the daunting train tracks. I could feel my heart beating rapidly in my chest, almost as if it were going to burst out of my body. I looked up at the person who stopped me, a boy - or man.

He looked angelic, that was for sure. Glistening green eyes, soft looking brown hair - I wish my hair looked soft like his - and fair skin that had tattoos of different sorts scattered across it. He's holding himself with confidence, and has an aura of authority and pride. 

''Yes.''

He gazed at me, taking in my frizzy hair, pale skin and tiny frame. I look a mess, but it doesn't matter, I guess. 

''Why?'' He spoke, taking a step closer. He is so graceful.

''Because.'' I have nothing to live for.

''Don't be vague, darling."

I paused, looking at him. I felt tiny compared to him, but I felt safe being around him. I feel okay. 

''Why did you ask me if I was sure, about this?'' I asked, gesturing to the train tracks behind me.

''Why did you stop if you wanted to die?'' He asked me. I froze and let my gaze linger on the ground. 

''What?''

''Why didn't you do it?''

Why didn't I go through with it? I can't seem to accomplish anything, other than being a failure.

''I don't know.''

''I think you wanted an out, I gave you this out.''

I couldn't stop the tears from filling my eyes, nor could I stop them from falling down to my cold cheeks, heating them up slightly. I couldn't stop my knees from giving way and I couldn't stop myself from falling to the ground in a heap, sobbing messily. 

I felt the air around me change and heat up, a warm body sitting beside me - I'm assuming it is the person who stopped me - and pulling me onto their lap, cradelling my body in their larger frame. 

I felt a gentle kiss being placed on my forhead, and the words that gave me real, genuine hope, being whispered in my ear.

''You'll be okay, I promise.''

+ + + 
Do you like the new cover?