three: mirth

Mirth
noun;
Amusement, especially as expressed in laughter.

It has been four days now since I met Harry at the park, and every single day he has managed to pop up wherever I am, and actually talk to me. Not once did I walk away from the now not-so-mysterious boy; because I got to know him, kind of. 

I know he likes old music, drawing and playing the guitar. Winter is his favourite season, and November is his favourite month. He takes great pride in the way he looks, and he likes to smile at practically everyone. 

He still doesn't know much about me, though, because I wont allow him. All he knows is my name, my age, and that I'm an utterly depressed, poor excuse for a human being.

Ten minutes ago, said boy waltzed into the very cafe that I was seated in. I was just going about my business, writing in my journal about my shitty night, when he took it upon himself to sit in the seat across from me, at first I was a bit reluctant, but his smile and the twinkle in his moss-green eyes put me at ease. All of that lead up to where we are now.

"It was the funniest thing! I don't think I've ever laughed so hard!"

I could hardly control my breathing with the amount of laughter that was bubbling up in my mouth, and the tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard were a clear indication that at this very moment, I am happy.

Harry told me a story of how once, a while ago, he was taking a stroll and when he walked around a corner, he scared the living daylights out of some poor girl taking her smoke break, she jumped so high in the air and let out the loudest squeal of fight ever heard, and bolted away from him.

"You have a lovely smile, you know."

His words sobered me up fairly quickly, I didn't like complements.

"What?"

"I said you have a lovely smile, it's very radiant."

I only stared at the curly haired boy in front of me, my mouth hanging open slightly.

"You should definitely smile more, Porsche."

"No, I don't think I should."

"I do."

"Well, you shouldn't."

"Why can't you just take a compliment?"

"Because, it's not a real compliment if it's not true."

With that, I stood up gathering my journal in one hand and my phone in the other, and practically ran out of the cafe.