six: comply

Comply
verb;
act in accordance with a wish or command

Five: confusion

I didn’t get more than one hundred meters before I was stopped by a hand connecting to my wrist and pulling me to an abrupt halt, which caused me to smash my face into a hard chest. It hurt, but I didn’t complain; I was used to pain.

“Please, don’t run away from me, Porsche.”

“Why the hell shouldn’t I?”

I don’t even know this guy, yet he shows up everywhere. I’m starting to get the idea that he is actually stalking me, which is something I don’t exactly approve of.

I pushed against his chest, trying to make him let me go, but alas, it did not work; just my damn luck, right? I ended up standing still, with my arms dangling limply at my sides and my head against his chest whilst his were wrapped around my body tightly with his head resting atop of mine. I don’t think he was letting me go any time soon, either.

“Because I want to help you.”

I sighed quietly but I didn’t say anything, maybe ignoring him would make him eventually let me go and leave me alone, for good. I don’t want to be around him, I don’t need to be around him.

“You can’t keep everything bottled up forever, you need someone, I can tell.”

I still didn’t say anything, but his words made something inside of me snap. I was fuming by this point; he doesn’t know me, so why should he have any say in what I need.

“You need to open up to someone, Porsche, really. Stop hiding from me, I want to help you, damnit.”

“No!”

I angrily pushed him, effectively being released from his grip.

“You don’t get to tell me what to do! I don’t even fucking know you, and you, definitely do not know me either. You need to butt out.”

“But I-“

“No, you don’t get to say anything. You should have let me kill myself when I had the chance; I’d be much happier dead than I am alive. Do you realise what you did? Do you? Do you know I have to suffer more in this shitty world? I don’t want to be here.”

He didn’t understand, no one understood what I was feeling.

“Porsche, don’t even say that. You should want to be alive, it’s a wonderful thing, you know. You just need the right people around you for your body to become alive with your mind; you can be happy, I know you can.”

When I didn’t say anything, he continued talking. My heart was fluttering with every word he spoke, his face held so much raw emotion and urgency that I didn’t even know how to react.

“Please, let me get to know you. Let me show you what it’s like to be happy, I promise, you won’t regret it.”

I know I’d probably end up regretting this, but the words slipped out of my mouth before I could stop them.

“Fine.”