thirteen: trust - epilogue

Trust
noun;
firm belief in the reliability, truth, or ability of someone or something

“You, you what?”

“I love you, Porsche, I love you.”

Love.

Harry loves me.

I couldn’t breathe, I couldn’t hear anything else around me; just his words echoing in my mind, over and over, like a broken record; playing the same things repeatedly.

I don’t know when the last time someone ever told me they loved me was, and I don’t know the last time that anyone ever meant it, either. Memories and memories replayed over again in my mind, and I couldn’t find one single memory that showed me I was truly loved. They might say they do, but they never did.

But looking at Harry, the vulnerability and affection on his face – the fear, the anticipation that clouded his eyes, I knew that second that he truly meant what he said; he wasn’t just saying it just because of what had happened just before.

I continued to stare at him with a blank face, whilst he stared back at me with anxiety all over his. I knew the answer to the question in my mind; do I love him?

“I love you too.”

I said it so quietly, I’m surprised that he even heard me; part of me wished that he didn’t, for the fear that he really was messing with me, and that he would laugh in my face and tell me to continue what I was doing before.

He stepped towards me, slowly, a painfully slow pace, literally one step at a time; cautious steps. He stopped in front of me and slowly raised his hands to rest on my cheeks, holding my face.

“Do you trust me, Porsche?”

I didn’t hesitate when I answered.

“Yes.”

He grinned, that heart-stopping grin of his and wrapped his arms around me, bringing our bodies to press against each other; and he kissed me.

I had never felt anything so wonderful in my life before. I used to think I loved my ex-boyfriend and that he was everything to me, but right here and right now; Harry is my everything.

“I never thought angels were real, but here you are.”

 {It's finished! please, comment and vote, if you haven't. I hope you enjoyed this story xo}