Chapter 1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackson Pratt Mall was busy as usual when I pulled up in my custom Mustang. Prom was coming up soon and I'm sure all of my classmates were getting their dresses and tuxes. I already had mine, however, it was a black and silver ball gown with a steel-boned corset top. I had it custom made months in advance and today would be spent getting the accessories for it.

I picked up a black flower clip with a skull in the center and silver crosses draping from it, some lace gloves, new makeup, more hair dye to amplify the unnatural blue in my hair, and some underwear. All the time I walked around the store, I could feel the clerks eyes on me. I wasn't unfamiliar with a man watching my every move. I refused to pay him any attention, though, I was on a mission.

I walked calmly up to the counter, trying to hide the fear that I was beginning to feel inside. "Hi." I smiled at the clerk. He was dark and mysterious, a man who definitely had secrets. I could feel power radiating off of him in waves.

'Hey there." He smiled back. His voice was sexy and deep, it could make any girl soak through their panties. And his smile! Oh, god, his smile was absolutely gorgeous. Perfect, white teeth with soft, rosy lips. "Is this it?"

"For now." I said in a silky voice. I did my best to be flirty, something I've never been good at at, "You new, hun? I've never seen you in here before."

"Uh, yeah. I started about a week and a half ago. You come in here alot?" He asked. Excitement gleamed in his eyes when I nodded. "You should come in more than usual. I like seeing cute girls when I'm working." He winked. Something about him, though, was a little bit too... knowing. Maybe it was just my imagination, but it felt like ice only veins.

"Well here." I said while writing my number on the receipt he handed me, "Text me when you're not working, or if you just want to hang out." I reached over the counter and put the receipt in his pocket. "See you later handsome."

I walked out of the store feeling proud of myself. I flirted casually with an attractive guy and gave him my number! Leigha will be so proud of me for my accomplishment. I walked out of the mall and got in my car before digging my phone out of my purse and dialing her number.

"Hello..?" A groggy male voice said when they answered.

"Is Leigha there?" I asked calmly. I wonder who she slept with this time. Leigha's my best friend, four years older than me, who's like a sister to me. She has ivory skin with pink and blonde hair, she's absolutly gorgeous. Kind of like a gothic angel.

"Yeah, hang on." The stranger said. "Yo, Leigha, wake up. Some chicks on the phone looking for you." After a few minutes of waiting a groggy Leigha answered, "Hello?"

"Finally! Good morning, sleepyhead!" I said, "I have balls, babe."

"What do you mean by "I have balls"?" She asked, sleep riddled confusion clearly heard in her voice.

"I flirted with a guy and gave him my number! A hot as fuck guy!" I said excitedly. The adrenaline was finally starting to wear off and I started shaking a little, "I didn't even studder or freak out!"

"Woah, where'd you see him? And how hot are we talking? On a scale of one to one thousand." She started to sound amazed and happy.

"I saw him while I was getting prom stuff, I met him when I was buying stuff. He is so passed one thousand! He kept checking me out and everything!" I squealed.

She laughed then cursed, "Hun, I have to go! If I don't get out of bed now I'll be late for work!" She said before hanging up.

I started my car and drove home. I hated my house, it doesn't even really feel like a home. My mom is always away on business and my dad is always down at the bar or playing poker with his friends - or also working. I'm neglected but I'm not at the same time. My friends pick up the slack for my parents. Let's just hope my parents aren't home, I need some personal alone time.

I pulled into the driveway at sunset. My creepy neighbor slash ex-boyfriend, Davis, was out watering his moms plants. Davis is seventeen, the same age as me. We use to close until we hit high school and started being an ass. On top of other things.

"Hey goth girl!" He called over to me, "Find any new skeletons for your room or did they stop letting you buy them?"

"Oh ha-ha, Davis, you're such a comedic genius!" I called back to him, "Go be an ass elsewhere!" I hated being his neighbor. Ever since I caught him peeping in me while I was changing he's been such an asshole. I walked in my house and locked the door. My phone beeped and I pulled it out of my phone.

NEW NUMBER: Hey cute girl. It's Braydon, we met earlier (; What's up?

I grinned. He texted me! He actually freaking texted me! I stood in my living room doing a little happy dance before texting back.

Me: Nothin' much, just got home. What's up with you handsome? ((;

Braydon: Just got off work, wanna hang?

Me: Sure!

I excitedly texted my adress and semi-patiently waited. I thought about the possibilities that I wanted to happen. About an hour later my doorbell rang. Fuck yes!

I walked down stairs and opened the door. I scowled and inwardly groaned when it was just Davis, "What do you want, Davis?"

"Your cat got out." He held out my little kitten by her scruff.

I snatched her from him, "Thank you for returning Ghostly to me. Goodnight, Davis." Before I got to slam the door in his face Braydon drove up.

"New goth freak boyfriend?" He asked.

"Try 'none of your business'. Bye Davis." I replied curtly and opened the door from Braydon, who stared coldly at Davis.