Epilogue

5 Years Later~

We were setting up Luna's fourth birthday ,and yes, we raised our children Gothic. I was pregnant again, this time a boy. Davis and I were still as happy as could be. Janessa and her now fiver year old son, Andy, were here. As it was nearing the time to sing Happy Birthday to our wonderful baby girl, I gently and perfectly placed the number four candle on my daughters cake.

"Are you ready, Victory?" My best friend, Raven Woods, asked with a bright smile. Her lip piercings glinting in the light. She had been my friend since we moved to New York and she helped me get over the stress of being in a new place, giving me the nickname Victory when she heard all the crap I went through. I smiled at her and nodded, handing her Luna's final present.

Luna stopped playing with Andy and Nick - Raven's six year old son - and ran for the picnic table. She was eager to open presents, all of their eyes were glittering with excitement. We sat the cake down as we sung the last line of the traditional Happy Birthday song. "Happy birthday, baby! Make a super secret wish!"

She smiled brightly at me and closed her eyes tight before blowing out her candle. Luna got up and hugged me tightly, "Thank you, mommy."

"You're welcome, my darling Luna." I smiled at her, "Would you like to open your presents first or would you like to eat some cake first?"

She thought long and hard, debating on cake or presents. It was a hard thought process for a young child. Personally, I never cared for the cake as much as I cared for the presents and I knew that, most of the time, my daughter was the same way. "I wanna do cake first!"

I was surprised, but her beaming face and excited eyes made the surprise go away swiftly. I smiled at her and grabbed the knife, cutting the cake as evenly and neatly as possible. We almost look like a cheesy family. Happy, pregnant wife. small child, faithful husband. The only thing that set us apart is our Gothic lifestyle. To me, we were perfect. Raven and Janessa knew our past though and I hoped Luna wouldn't find out. I handed my precious goth angel her cake and kissed her forehead, "Happy birthday, dearest, I hope you love all your presents."

She beamed at me. "I know I will! You don't get me lame dolls!"

That's right everybody. My daughter, four years of age, is a proud doll hater. I smiled at the small blonde, "That's right, honey bun, no lame dolls!" Just new cool space stuff, clothes, a bat shaped jewelry box, a blood red and black lace choker, some nail polish, pretty goth-girl stuff. I added mentally. One day my baby might choose to not be a goth anymore, and I would be okay with that. I wasn't going to force her to be someone she's not, but for now she still wanted to be just like her mommy.

"Mommy?" She called innocently and I looked up. "When can I make my hair pretty colors like yours?"

I chuckled and exchanged a look with Davis, "When you're a teenager, darling. When you're a teenager."

This was a blissful moment for everyone. Friends and parents watching their excited children, the children happily watching my daughter open her presents with glittering eyes. My daughters eyes glittered more and more with every present she opened.

She was finally at the finale present. She tore into the bat covered wrapping paper and gasped. "Mommy, I love it!" She squealed with excitement. She generally loved most things. But, this thing that I loosely wrapped for ventilation was a midnight black kitten with jade green eyes. Luna ran over to me and hugged me tightly.

"Don't just thank me, Luna dear, you're daddy bought her specially for you." I tell her, her eyes widened and extreme happiness filled her eyes and she ran to her father, hugging him thrice as tight as she hugged me. I could see her big smile and it made me even happier.

"Thank you so much, Daddy! I wanna name her Lola Moon!" She smiled and my heart soared, "After the kitty in Mommy's picture books."

Davis smiled at our daughter and nodded, "Anything for you, my little angel!" I smiled at my family, our numbers starting to grow and for the first time in my second pregnancy, I felt the baby kick.