Chapter 10

After I fell back to sleep, I dreamed of nothing. No love, no hate, no light, no people. Just darkness surrounding me like an endless cloud of hatred. I had no more dreams, I thought I was lost in the darkness forever. I hoped that I had died in my sleep. An escape from the pain and memory of the previous night. I woke to a start, pain enveloped my body. I groaned as I slowly sat up. "Victoria?" A familiar voice muttered my name. Fear struck my briefly. I looked over to see Davis laying beside me. His dark blonde hair tousled from sleep.

"Yes?" I mumbled weakly. I was in so much pain. My back throbbed with every movement, the tattoo he gave me was red, itchy, and a constant reminder of what he did to me, my rear was in pain as well. I couldn't wait to be out of here.

"How you feeling? Are you still up for leaving?" He asked. Even though sleep filled his voice I could hear his concern. Pain shot through my body as I turned to look at him. Tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

"I'm in pain, but if we don't leave now I have a feeling things will get worse. A lot worse. And I don't want you in a cross fire with creepy stalker ex-boyfriend." I said while gritting my teeth. "I may be in pain, love, but leaving is my best bet."

He nodded slowly and sighed. "If it's what we need to do to protect you, I'm in. But, what if my mom tried to look for me? Or us?" He asked, trying to look at both sides of the coin.

I nodded. "Your birthday is in two months, right?"

"Three."

"In three months she can't really do much. You'll be eighteen, legally an adult." I stated matter-o-factly. I grimaced as I turned around and got out of bed. "My things are already in my car. Do you have your things ready?" As soon as I asked my doorbell rang. I motioned Davis to stay here.

I padded softly down the stairs to do door. Opening the door slowly, I saw Davis' mom standing there, looking huffy. "He's not here."

"I don't believe you." She snapped at me, trying to look behind me. I blocked her view and she glared at me. Then she saw my bandaged torso. "What happened?"

"Well, after your son broke up with me I ran off and got hit by some drunken asshole. I got out of the hospital at midnight. Not that you need to know that." I lied, defiantly adding the last part. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a family affair to pack for."

I shut the door and padded back to my room. Davis was still in my bed, his bare torso looked delicious. I winced a little. "Do we have anything for pain?" I asked him quietly, in case his mom was close enough to hear.

"I have pain meds at my house. I'd have to wait for my mom to leave for work to get them. Will that be ok?" He asked, his voice was feather soft. I nodded. "Here, let me change your bandages. Luckily, these can be cleaned and used a bigillion times."

He grabbed the rubbing alcohol and the hydrogen peroxide. He was gentle when removing the wrap. "They don't look bad, but they don't look good either. They're deep, but you don't need stitches." He murmured before he started putting the wound cleaners on me. I gritted my teeth and hissed out a breath between my teeth. "Almost done, babe." He grabbed a tube of white, creamy lotion and rubbed it onto my back, his touch was never more than a touch of silk. Never harmful or threatening. The pain from my cuts dulled a bit.

"What is that stuff?" I asked him softly, "It made some of the pain go away!" My eyes glittered with curiosity, wonder, and amazement.

"Coach gave it to us for muscle soreness. I can't pronounce the name though," He shrugged, "It says its for cuts, burns, and sport injuries. It works, I can at least say that."

I nodded and we fell silent. A few long moments of silence and we heard his moms garage door open and her squeaky engined minivan pull out. I looked over at Davis and he nodded before going out my window. Our houses were very close together, so close that he could jump from my window to his. And he did. He slid his window open and listened before climbing all the way in.