Chapter 12

It had been several hours since we left Jessabell's house, my cars low fuel light came on and my car dinged loudly. "Shit! We're out in the middle of fucking no where and I'm on E!"

"It's okay, just pull over. I'll call Jessabell to see if she can send someone to help." He murmured while pulling his phone out of his pocket. He swiftly dialed her number as I pulled over. "Hello? Hey, Jessabell! We kind of need some help..." He paused and listened, "Well we're really low on gas and there isn't a gas station anywhere in sight. And we're on top of a hill."

After giving her the mile marker we recently passed and the interstate number, we sat in my car and tried very hard to patiently wait. I nervously bit on my thumb nail. There was no real way to know how long it would take.

About an hour late a shiny dark blue Mercedes SLS pulled up behind me. I got out and was greeted by a dashing man in his mid-forties in a black suit. He shook my hand, "Having some trouble? I brought a gas can for you. It should put enough gas in your tank to get you to the next town. Do you have enough money to get you gas?"

I check my bank account on my phone. "Yes, Sir. I have a little over nine grand in my account still." I said with a cheery smile. A look of total and complete shock.

"N-nine grand? Who exactly are you, young lady? You must have some big problems to be running all the way from Leigha's safehouse." He said, eyes practically bulging out of their sockets.

"My mom is like an art dealer or something and my dad is like a big shot lawyer but he drinks most of the time." I plastered a smile on my face and shrugged, "And for why I'm running away... I'd like to tell that story as little as possible."

He nodded, a look of understanding passed over his face. "Right! Time for gas. I'm sure I've kept you waiting long enough!" He walked over to the back of his car and opened the trunk. Returning with a canister of gas, I popped open the opening to my gas tank. I let the kind gentleman put the gas in.

Soon we were in the next town. The gas station was fairly small, nasty bathrooms, and an understocked snack selection. The man behind the counter bore a scary expression as he watched us. I used the restroom, bought the best snacks they had and paid for my gas. I let Ghostly walk around on her leash so she could do her business. I kept a sharp eye out just in case Braydon was stalking me.

I was far from him, yet the very thought of him terrified me. I had this sense of paranoia every time I was outside or by myself. I hoped this sensation would go away soon, but I doubted it would. What he did to me, that will always be in my mind, it will be a part of me forever, and it will shape my future. Even if it's for the bad. I'd always remember the pain he put me through.

But... What if he was literally psychic? Is that even possible? How would that even work? Thoughts like these raced through my mind like a wildfire. It was terrifying thinking about him like this, always wondering if I'll see him again, whip in hand, ready to lash out with me as his target. I should have just ignored him in the store and treated him like everyone else. I shouldn't have given him my number. I shouldn't have invited him over. I shouldn't have gone to his place. I should have stayed away. If I had, it would be less trouble, and I'd probably be at home right now. But, Davis and I wouldn't have gotten back together. So, out of every evil, there is some good. Even if it's horrible.

I felt strong arms wrap around my waist and I jumped. I turned around to see Davis and my entire body relaxed. "Sorry, I shouldn't have snuck up on you like that, I forget what you've been through." He frowned.

I smiled up at him, "Its okay, love." I placed my hand gently on hid cheek and kissed his lips, "I'm alright, I promise. Just a bit shaken up still. Kind of just ready to, ya know. To relieve the mention and what not."