Aunt Zaynia

Chapter 10

Libra POV

It has been 2 weeks since me and the gang discovered my father and Moona, well, more like my father discovered us.

We were currently sitting in the living rooms when my father entered the room with a pretty looking lady.

She had dirty-blonde hair that was curly and shoulder length. Her eyes were a really pretty shade of green, reminding me of the forest.

"Libra, this is Amy, your step-mother. Amy, this is Libra, my missing daughter that I told you about." he said while wrapping his right arm around her waist.

I suddenly started to feel really angry. It felt as if water inside my head was boiling to the point to where it needed to explode out of my ears. I wouldn't be surprised if my ears had steam coming out of them.

I couldn't believe this! He actually had the nerve to replace my mom, his mate.

My father seemed to notice my anger because he cleared his throat so that we had his attention again.

"Also known as my second-chance mate." he added quickly.

I was now beyond curious. What is a second chance mate?

"If something happens to someone's mate, such as a death, or for some reason someone gets rejected, then the moon goddess supplies the lonely wolf with another mate, known as a second-chance mate." Blake said as of he read my thought.

"Did I say that out loud?" I asked feeling embarrassed about myself.

"Yes, yes you did baby, but it's okay, you needed to know." Damon cooed in my ear, causing a shiver to run down my spine.

I noticed that Blake and Damon were sniffing the air for some unknown reason, so I did too, and I picked up a strange scent. It smelled like iron and something rusty, the smell of blood.

"Is there a reason we smell a vampire in this room?" Damon asked grabbing me in a protective way.

"Oh, sweetie I am so sorry! I'm a vampire-werewolf hybrid. We are quite rare, but we occur," my step-mom said in a British accent.

"So vampires are real too?" I asked. Wow, I should have asked a lot more questions when Damon was explaining this world to me.

"Yup." Damon said popping the P.

"Anything else that I need to know about?" I asked feeling uncertain that only werewolves and vampires exist.

"Fairies,pixies, and dragons exist, but thats it, no witches or goblins or elves or anything like that." Moona said in her chirpy voice.

"Oh" was all that I could manage to say.

My father looked as if he was about to say something when were heard a soft knock at the door. My father sniffed the air before smiling and walking toward the door.

He opened it to reveal a young woman, no older than 27, with long green and black hair and pink eyes. She looked more unique than Moona or I even did. I wonder why?

"Girls, would you mind coming here?" my father asked with a slight smile on his face.

Moona and I exchanged looks of uncertainty before heading towards the door to stand by our father.

"Hello my darlings, I am your aunt, Zaynia, sister of the moon goddess, Annestia." she said in a sweet, angelic voice.

"What do you want from us?" Moona asked as strongly as she could, but you could hear the fear in her voice.

"Didn't your father tell you?" she asked giving an annoyed glare at our father.

We looked at our father who had a guilty look on his face. Guess he forgot.

"Oops?" he managed to say after about 12 seconds of silence.

Yes, I counted.

Our aunt let out an irritated sigh before continuing.

"I was send by my sister in human form to train you. We can't have you two roaming around her with the world's greatest powers and not knowing how to use them, no can we?" she said as she stepped inside on her own behalf.

Wait, training?!

Hey guys!

Sorry if ya think that the chapter is short. This is one of those build up to the dramatic part chapter:)

We need to have a little contest so that you have something to think about in between chapters. The contest and its rules will be posted in a few moments:)