Chapter 36-I lied...Again

Reyna's POV

"So I'm actually like...um...,"

Ok, I was sooooo regretting thinking that I could actually tell him the truth. I was such an idiot.

"So you are like...?" Nicholas prompted.

Well here goes nothing. My acting skills button have been pressed ON.

"I don't think I'm ready for a relationship," I lied, avoiding eye contact with him.

Nicholas just stared at me, shocked. Before he bursted into a fit of laughters.

"You scared me. At least it's not something like 'I had a change of heart towards you'," he said casually.

"Uh...how is that not like a change of heart?" I asked, confused.

"No, what you are going through now is the process of needing time to settle down. It's not like your feelings for me have faded," he smiled.

I wanted to return the smile when I heard that voice again.

Not attractive. How dull. You are better than that.

I turned around and of course, again, I saw no one.

"Are you alright?"

"Um...yeah,"

Liar. Tell him. Tell him it's a torture to be with him.

"It's not a torture!" I yelled, furious at the voice who just couldn't let Nicholas and I be.

"What's not a torture?" Nicholas, who was getting more and more confused by the second, asked.

"No I'm just talking to myself," I said, waving the matter off, hopefully so that we could continue with the conversation, though it was not exactly very exciting.

"Oh? Then what was the devil saying and what was the angel saying?" He chuckled.

"The devil was telling me to give myself more time for a relationship. The angel said that I've been waiting for you for ages and that I should grab the opportunity and not let go," I tried blushing.

"You're so cute you know?" He smiled and shuffled his hands through my hair.

"Hey! I just combed that!"

"A-huh,"

***
We talked, joked, bickered, and basically caught up on life. It was only then when I realised, it seemed as if the whole thing was a lie. It was almost as if I never loved him, and that we were just friends.

I did get some time to think about this whole relationship though, which was good because I was really going to go mad with all this voice talking.

"Reyna! Reyna hold up!" Harry shouted as I exited the infirmary. It seems he was waiting outside all this time.

"I didn't really want to go anywhere. The prospect of just walking in Hogwarts, facing the Gryffindors who all treats me like some sort of hero other than some, of course, and the rest of the houses who are all against me...well that's just simply not inviting enough even if there was a red carpet," Harry replied when I asked if he just stood outside the infirmary waiting for me this whole time.