Chapter Twenty-four

Joshua

I started throwing things around the room. I was so mad. Breaking glass everywhere! I am STARK RAVING MAD! "Q you let this nigga SHOOT me! You ain't do shit about it. Why TF do I have you working for me if you ain't doing shit for me? Niklaus you was beating on my woman? What part of NO HARM didn't you understand?" I picked up a vase and threw it at him! "You bugging Josh. I TOLD you not to play with that man money. I TOLD you he was a lunatic n he's killed for less things than that. You decided you wanted to take that chance. I warned you n you did it anyway so you being shot is ALL on YOU!" I looked at this nigga like he done lost his rabbit ass mind.

"FUCK all of that. You are employed by me. Which mean you're supposed to have MY back! Niklaus go get Ariel to take this damn bullet out my leg! Clean this mess up Q!!" "You clean it up your damn self! You got alotta shit with you! Fuck you nigga! Talking to me crazy! I ain't none of these other niggas you employ! I don't play that shit n you know this." He stormed out the house. Ohh okay I see this nigga get his friend back in town n he wanna act brand new.

I started cleaning up some of the things I could reach while waiting on him to get Ariel. Q came back in n cleaned up the rest of the place. "Go check on Nevaeh man. Bring her some food n water." He ain't say nothing to me just went to the kitchen. Niklaus came back with Ariel. She ran to me. "Omgosh baby what happened?" "Some nigga shot me. I just need you to take the bullet out and fix me up and then you can go home." "What do you mean go home? Someone jus shot you but you want me to fix you up n go home by myself n worry about you?" "Look I ain't got time to argue with you girl. Do as your told!"

"No! Fuck that! You can get that shit out your damn self!" That was the final straw. I was tryna keep my composure but she done sent me there. I slapped her across her face so fast she ain't know what hit her. I slapped her again n again n then I grabbed her by her neck and slammed her into the wall. Cutting off her air supply. All I could see was red. Everybody was getting beside their selves today. Talking out the side of their neck! Q came out the kitchen and ran over here to me. "Yo man WTF is going on? Let her go Josh! Don't do her like that!" I ignored him and kept squeezing her neck. "LET HER GO BRUH NOW!!!!!!" He grabbed my shot leg n put pressure on it. I instantly dropped her. "TF is your problem Q huh?"

"You was about to kill her man. That's Ariel dawg. The one who's been there with you through every fucking thing! Still loving yo punk ass n willing to take you back. You would've regretted killing her!!" Ariel was on the ground coughing and gasping for air. I ran my hands down my face. Damn why do I keep doing this to her?!

Q went over there to her, helped her up n wiped the tears falling from her eyes. I started walking over to her but she flinched n hid behind Q. Damn I fucked up again. "Baby I'm sorry. I really am." She ignored me and went into the bathroom. She came out 15 mins later. She had all the stuff ready to work on my leg and got started. I kept tryna apologize but she wasn't tryna hear it. She stitched my leg up, wrapped it up and put all the stuff back. "Whoever's taking me home, I'm ready to go! Q can you take me?" "Naw Q is needed here. Niklaus will take you."

She wouldn't look at me. She stormed outside and got in the car. Q looked at me n shook his head. That pissed me off! "You got something to say nigga?!" "You're gonna lose a good woman man. Keep on beating on her. Idk why you going through all this trouble for a girl that don't want you when you got a good woman that's in love with you, waiting for you at home. You're a stupid muthafucka Joshua!" With that said he grabbed the plate of food and headed down to the basement. I picked up another vase and threw that bitch at the wall!!

Nevaeh

I heard the door open n a flash of light came in before it was gone. I could hear the person walking down the stairs. I prepared myself to strike if he got close enough to me. He turned on the light. I couldn't see his face. He had on a mask. "Relax ma, I'm not here to hurt you. I'm just tryna give you something to eat n drink." "If you don't wanna hurt me why am I here? What did I do to you? I'm sorry, I'm so sorry for whatever it was. Please just let me go."

"I'm sorry ma, I can't do that. It ain't up to me. You ain't do shit to me shorty, I'm just following orders." He set the tray down at the table that was in here. I snapped. I don't want no fucking food I want my life, my freedom! "Im not hungry! I don't want ANYTHING from you people but my FREEDOM! You hear me?!" He turned off the light and walked away! I got up n went to see if he gave me any silverware that I could use as a weapon. Disappointment washed over my face when I saw the plastic cutlery. I'm so enraged right now!