(23)

Jimin took a deep breath when she climbed out of Minseok's car and looked at the gate that was hiding the Kim mansion from the outside world. Her heart was beating extremely fast and she turned around to Minseok one more time. "How do I look?" She asked, her bottom lip trembling. She was wearing a floral print dress with a Peter Pan collar, a denim jacket and white platform sandals. A small light blue handbag was strapped around her shoulder and she had a straw fedora on her short hair. Minseok smiled. "You look lovely, Jimin. Don't worry too much." He said and sighed, knowing that Jimin still wasn't able to tell Junmyeon about her departure.

With that small ego boost of her friend Jimin turned to the gate and rang the bell. She bit her bottom lip when Junmyeon's voice spoke from the bell. "It's me. Jimin." She introduced herself and pushed the gate open after she heard the buzzer.

Junmyeon was running towards her after pressing the button for the buzzer and smiled when he saw her looking all groomed and petite. He softly wrapped his arms around her and pecked her forehead, before stroking her cheek. "I am so glad you came." He said kissing her forehead again. "My parents are very excited to finally meet you. Even my Hyung came just to meet you tonight." Junmyeon laughed and Jimin rubbed her cheeks. "I am nervous, Junmyeon."

Jimin froze in place when she saw the ginormous house Junmyeon lived in. She did know that he was a little bit wealthy with his parents having good paid jobs and everything. But she became anxious. The panic that his parents wouldn't like her because she wasn't wealthy made a lump grow in her throat.

"Junmyeon, I can't do that." Jimin broke out in a sweat and fanned herself some air with her hand. They were still standing in the driveway and Jimin's sight was locked with the house. "I'm scared." She confessed. "Don't be scared, Jagi. Please." "Junmyeon! You told me they don't approve of you having a girlfriend! How am I supposed to not be scared?" She asked and rubbed her temples. "They will like you. Don't worry." He took her hand and rubbed it with his thumb.

Junmyeon slowly dragged Jimin towards the house and into the opened front door. Jimin's eyes wandered over the furniture in the hallway. A family picture was attached to the wall and Jimin tried to take a closer look when a woman in a fancy black dress with a golden waistbelt came towards them. She had long black hair falling off one of her shoulders and a warm and motherly face with the same eyes that Junmyeon had. Jimin's mouth fell open when she saw the elegant woman and bowed. "Annyeong-haseyo." She stuttered and Junmyeon smiled happily. "Eomma, this is my girlfriend Choi Jimin." Junmyeon intriduced her and Mrs. Kim smiled. "I've heard a lot about you, Choi Jimin-ah." Mrs. Kim spoke and smiled. "Follow me to the dining room." She said and Jimin took a deep breath holding Junmyeon's hand tightly.

The dining room was as fancy as the hallway and two men were sitting at the table and were in a deep conversation when they realised Mrs. Kim had arrived with her son and their guest. Jimin looked at the older man and saw the similarities that Junmyeon shared with his father. "Annyeong-haseyo." She greeted the two men and bowed. "This is Choi Jimin, my girlfriend." Junmyeon introduced her and the two men stood up and bowed. "That's my Appa and this is my Hyung Junyoung." Junmyeon introduced his family members to Jimin. She nodded and Junmyeon lead her to one of the chairs. 

Jimin took a seat and bit her bottom lip, while Mrs. Kim went to get one of the house servants to bring the dinner. "As a starter we prepared Jogaetang." Mrs. Kim said when the servants brought up the bowls with the clam soup. Jimin nodded feeling a sudden burden because she didn't bring a gift. She leaned towards Junmyeon. "Junmyeon, I forgot to bring your parents a gift." She whispered and Junymeon chuckled. "Don't worry, Jagi. You don't need to give them a gift." He winked and handed her a bowl with soup.

After Jimin tasted the soup she felt like she was in heaven. The clam soup with vegatbles was very well cooked and it helped calming her nerves. She was still very anxious being around Junmyeon's family. After all Junmyeon's parents didn't wanted their son to have a girfriend.

"We're not sure if Junmyeon told you, but we're usually a bit tense when Junmyeon tells us about a crush he has." Mrs. Kim started watching Jimin with eagle eyes. Jimin nodded. "Ne, majayo. He told me." She said and Mrs. Kim nodded. "The thing with out Junmyeonnie is that he's not very lucky when it is about love. When his ex girlfriend broke up with him he was a shadow of himself and we are very afraid that this will happen again." Mrs. Kim told her concern and Jimin nodded.

A pain erupted in her chest when she thought about the seventy remaining days in Korea. Her parents would hate her if they knew she would leave their son as well. She bit her bottom lip. "Eomma, it's not neccessary to tell Jimin about my Ex." Junmyeon spoke strictly. Jimin looked at Junmyeon. "It's okay, Junmyeon. Your Mother is just concerned and I totally understand that." Jimin smiled warmly and looked at Mrs. Kim. The concerned Mother looked at the honest face of the young girl seeing a hint of sadness in the brown eyes of the young woman. 

After they finished eating their clam soup, the servants brought Buldak with some side dishes. The dinner got louder and Mr. Kim and Junyoung asked about Jimin's education. She told them that she visited  primary, middle and high school in Ulsan before moving to Seoul in order to study Drama. 

After the dinner was over Jimin thanked Junmyeon's parents for their hospitality and wanted to leave when she realised it was raining cats and dogs. "Omo, dear. It is raining a lot." Mrs. Kim said. "Why don't you stay the night? Tomorrow is Saturday so you and Junmyeonnie can have a sleep in." Mrs. Kim smiled. "I'm just calling some servants to bring you some sleepinf clothes and toiletries into Junmyeon's room." She smiled and walked away leaving Jimin staring at Junmyeon with widened eyes.

"I-I-I am going to sleep in your bed?"