Chapter six

Dade’s point of view

            I had begun to give Maddi CPR when Rylie walked over to us. She picked something off her stomach. I faintly heard her talk through the panic, but I couldn’t make out what she was saying. Soon, Maddi sat up gasping for air. Red flooded her into face as she regained color.

“What the hell guys?” Tears threatened her eyes as her hoarse voice spoke.

            Her eyes frantically darted around the room looking at each one of us. Her shoulders slumped down, and she wrapped her arms around me very weakly. I felt hot tears soak through my clothes and rest on my skin.

“Thank you for saving me, Dade.” I heard her muffled voice speak.

            Rylie held out a small piece of paper to me. My eyes quickly scanned over it, and I pulled away from Maddi.

“Alright,” I started as I stood up. “Who the hell wrote this?” My voice was stern, but no one answered. “I’m serious. Who wrote this?”

“What does it say?” I heard Maddi’s timid voice from behind.

            I handed her the note, and I heard her squeak as she read it. When Maddi looked up, a few tears were carefully spilling out of her vivid green eyes.

“So one of you actually wanted me dead?” Her voice was barely a whisper. “This is all your fault, Rylie. You probably started this game just so you could kill all of us!”

“Whoa, Maddi. This isn’t her fault. You’re just accusing her, because you’re scared and you need someone to blame.” I spoke up. I needed to defend my girlfriend.

“Well it doesn’t matter right now. We can’t kill anyone in this house.” Violet walked closer to us.

“But someone killed Ash here.” Bellie kept her distance from all of us.

“No one can die here.” Violet didn’t even acknowledge Bellie as she spoke.

            After that, none of us made any noise. We all just kept our eyes on each other. Maddi calmed down after a while, but the silence seemed to be killing her. She played with her shaking fingers. Rylie walked over to Maddi, and they began to talk.

“Dade?” Bellie touched my arm softly. “Can you come upstairs with me for a minute?”

“Uh, sure.” I pulled my eyes away from Maddi and Rylie. “Why?”

“I think I left something upstairs, and I don’t want to go up there alone. I feel like I can trust you, so I want you to come with me.”

            I nodded in response and walked upstairs with her. Bellie led me to an old bedroom. I ran my fingers over the one of the walls. Dust and dirt were glued to my hand.

“Ew,” I muttered under my breath as I tried to get it off.

            Bellie released her grip on my hand and sat on the bed. Compared to the rest of the room—the rest of the house, actually—it was in pretty good condition. It seemed as though it had fresh sheets. I was a bit confused, and Bellie signaled me to sit down next to her. I did as she wanted and looked around the room.

“Why is the bed so new compared to the rest of the house?” I asked, not really looking for an answer.

“Maybe someone came in here and fixed it up a little…” Bellie’s voice trailed off as though she was trying to imply something.

“But who would have-“

“I did it, silly.” She laughed as though it was obvious.

“Why?” I raised an eyebrow.

“It’s a really pretty night…” She ignored my question and looked out the window.

“Yeah, I guess.”

            She continued to stare out of the window. Although dirt was caked on the glass, the moon still shone through it and illuminated the room. The moon reflected off of her beautiful brown eyes. Bellie twirled a few strands of her long brown hair around her finger. She looked so beautiful in the moon light.

“It’s so pretty.” Her voice cut right through my thoughts.

“Oh…uh, yeah.” I coughed awkwardly and continued to stare at her.

            How I didn’t realize how beautiful she was before, I would never know. Staring at her was almost hypnotizing. My breath caught in my throat, and butterflies exploded in my chest.

I soon felt guilt coursing through my thought-flooded mind and body. Rylie was the only person I should have been thinking about in that way, but I couldn’t help it. My gaze continued to be on Bellie as I fought with myself internally.

            Her lips parted slightly as a few starts made a late appearance in the dark sky. I bit my lip hard. Rylie seemed to float carefully out of my mind as my thoughts were filled with Bellie.

The beautiful Bellie.

“Is something wrong, Dade?” As soon as she turned around, I couldn’t contain myself anymore.

            I kissed her passionately. She seemed to be caught off guard, but she kissed back almost immediately. I wrapped my strong arms around her small waist and pulled her impossibly closer.

My body ached for more.

I felt her arms snake around my neck, and I laid her down carefully—I didn’t want to hurt something as precious as her.

            Bellie tugged off my shirt, breaking the kiss for a moment. Our lips collided together once it was fully off. She was wearing a button down shirt, and I began to unbutton them. Once they were all unbuttoned, I took off her shirt and tossed it carelessly to the ground.

            Her soft hands tugged at my hair. I closed my eyes and melted into the moment. Soon, I was no longer in control of my own actions—not like I had much control earlier. Her hands released my hair, and she took off her own pants. I felt myself growing more heated with every second.

It must have been a half an hour of kissing, but the minutes passed as seconds. Beautiful seconds that I would give anything to experience again. I ran my hand lightly down her sides and rested them on her hips.

An abrupt squeak on the floor boards made me pull away from Bellie quickly. Maddi stood at the doorway. Her face was pale, and her eyes were wide. I ran a hand through my already messed up hair. The cold air hit me like a bullet, and I began to shiver very slightly.

“I came to see what was taking you guys so long…” Maddi spoke quietly. “I heard noises coming from here…and I, uh…sorry.” Maddi ran out of the doorway and back down the stairs.

            I looked at Bellie, who was already dressed, and she was holding out my shirt for me. She looked extremely calm—maybe too calm.

“Oh shit,” I muttered.

“What’s wrong?” Bellie cocked her head to the side.

“Rylie.” I felt my body stiffen.

(A.N.- Hey! So Kara and I are thinking about changing the cover for this story. Tell us if you want the new cover or old one. The new cover will be on the side --->
(: Thanks for reading!
~Cassi   )