Chapter fourteen

Violet’s point of view

            Bellie was talking to Dade, trying to calm him down—although everyone knew she was terrified. Her hands were trembling terribly as well as her voice. Maddi and I were on the other side of the room.

“I can’t believe he killed Rylie…” I said, truly confused.

“I know…they were like…perfect.” Maddi stared at Rylie’s bloody body.

“Perfect never lasts.”

            Maddi seemed to be searching for a response when we both heard Bellie shriek. We both snapped our heads in her direction. She was pulling Dade’s hands back as he tried to press the knife to his chest.

“Dade! Stop!” Bellie yelled as her hands started to slip.

            Maddi and I both ran over and she pulled him back as I grabbed the knife out of his sweating hands.

“Are you fucking kidding me, Dade!?” I screamed as I threw the knife to the ground. “You just murdered someone, and you have the audacity to try and take your own life away? You’re so selfish!” I stared at him in complete anger.

“If I die…then I can be with her. We can be together forever!” Dade yelled desperately as tears poured down his dirty face.

“She doesn’t want to be with you…you murdered her!”

Dade’s face dropped as the words sunk in.

“Violet, that’s enough.” Maddi warned.

“Guys,” Bellie chimed in. “We have to call the cops.”

“No! I’ll go to prison!” Dade backed away from us.

“Because you murdered your girlfriend!” I yelled.

“We can call them and just say we found her like this…that we didn’t see who killed her.” Maddi suggested.

“No, they’ll do a search.” I said.

“She was so upset about Ashlinn running away that she came back to the place where she last saw her…Rylie then took a deep breath and plunged the knife into her own body…ending her own life.” Bellie said. She silently walked to the corner of the room and got her bag. She walked back to us and pulled out a small notebook. Quickly, Bellie scribbled something down and laid it on Rylie’s body. “All that’s left of Rylie’s life is the note she left us…” Bellie sighed softly looking down. “A real tragedy.”

“Sounds good to me.” I looked around at everyone’s faces.

“Very…thought out.” Maddi then nodded. “Let’s call now.”

“Any input, Dade?” I asked.

Dade opened his mouth to answer, but only weak sobs came out.

“Alright, Maddi, you call and I’ll go start Dade’s car so we can drive home after. Dade, car keys.”

“You don’t even drive.” Maddi said as she dialed 911.

“I will tonight.” I walked over to Dade and held out my hand. He shakily took out his keys and dropped them into my palm.

            The car ride was eerily silent as I attempted to drive. Bellie ended up throwing up a few times at my shitty driving skills.

“Okay, so I didn’t really think this through…” I said as I arrived at Dade’s house—his was the last I went to. “Uh, okay…so I’ll drop you off…then you can walk to my house and get your car tomorrow, okay?”

“Can you stay with me tonight?” Dade asked timidly.

“Why?”

“I don’t trust myself to be alone.” His eyes were red and staring at his own lap.

I froze once I realized what he was implying. “Uh, yeah. I’ll tell my mom I’m staying over Bellie’s for the night.”

            I was sitting on Dade’s bed as I waited for him to come back. His room was large and painted dark blue. It had a nice atmosphere to it. All around his room there were dozens of pictures of him and Rylie.

He won’t forget about her anytime soon.

“You can sleep on my bed tonight.” Dade’s weak and hoarse voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

“No it’s okay, Dade. It’s your house.”

“You’re the guest.” He said simply and laid on the hardwood floor.

            I felt bad, but I wasn’t going to reject his bed—I was not going to sleep on his floor.

“Hey…” I started, looking at him. “Are your parents going to mind me staying over for the night?”

“Nah,” He shook his head. “They’re not home…they went on a trip for the week.” He closed his swollen eyes.

“Alright.” I nodded and laid down.

            It took a while for me to start to fall asleep, because my mind was flooded with the events that took place earlier that night. Just as I was slipping into sweet sleep, I heard something crash to the floor. I instantly bolted up and looked around.

“Dade?” I called out—it was too dark to see.

No answer.

“Dade, what was that?” When he didn’t answer again I got up and carefully shuffled to the wall. I skimmed my hands over his wall until I found the light switch. I flicked it on.

No Dade.

“Dade?” I called out again as I began to grow very worried.

            Silently, I wondered into his hall. Under his bathroom door was a little light spilling out. I knocked on it softly, but no one answered. Carefully, I turned to knob and pushed the door open.

            Dade was passed out on the floor, deathly pale. In his hand he was holding an empty pill bottle. At that moment I realized I was alone in someone else’s house, and my friend was dying right in front of me.

(A.N.- Nothing new for them, right? ;D

Thanks for reading! We love you all<3

~Cassi     )