Chapter seventeen

Bellie’s point of view. 

I sat on my bed with my legs folded under me, and watched everyone else. It was two in the morning, but everyone was still so alert. Violet was sitting on my bean bag chair, eating, but she didn’t look like she even knew what she was putting in her mouth. she was in such a daze. Then Maddi, who was spinning herself around on my office chair, carelessly thinking about god knows what. We were all in sort of a fog, and no one dared to stay home alone, so everyone was at my house.

I began cramming the scolding hot chinese food into my mouth, and even though it burned my throat like fire, i barely tasted it. We were all eating in silence, and it was kind of eery. Usually Ashlinn would be asleep by now, and we would be doing something to her face. You think she would have learned by that point..

I was pulled out of my thought by my phone ringing. It made me jump, and i must have looked a little scared, because both of them were staring at me. I quickly dropped my plate onto my bed, and picked up the phone. 

“Hello?” I asked, my tongue slightly swollen from the food that had previously scorched my mouth. 

“Hey..  It’s Dade. I’m pulling up now. open your window.” 

I shuffled off of my bed and across the rug, opening my curtains, and letting the cool air flood in. “Whose coming?” Maddi asked, and i heard Violet scoff at her stupidity. It was obviously Dade, considering everyone else..

No. Don’t go there.

I heard leaves being crumpled by boots, and then i saw Dade come stand by the window, and he was not looking his finest. Truth be told, none of us ever did anymore. There was no point. The past few days were hell, and no one even bothered to look good anymore. 

He climbed through, and sat down on my bed, slightly shaking. Wether it was form the cold, or what had happened recently, i would never know. I got up immediately, and sat down next to him. He got a bit closer to me, and soon enough both of us were touching, in complete silence. After a few moments of nothing being said, I stood up. 

“I have to pee..” I said, hoping Dade would volunteer to go with me. You know, for protection.

“Just go, Rylie died, and it was most likely her doing it.. so you’re probably safe.” She said, with an irritated voice.

“I’ll come with you.” dade said, and hopped to his feet. I led him to my bathroom, and he stayed out. 

“Come in.” I said, not wanting him to wait their awkwardly. He reluctantly walked in, saying nothing. He sat on my toilet. At first, neither of us did anything. But after a few minutes, i looked at him, and he looked at me. And at that moment i needed him, and all the energy and adrenaline from the past days spilled out, and i couldn’t take it anymore.

I lunged forward suddenly, and kissed him with all the passion i could muster up. And he kissed back hungrily, wrapping his arms around my waste immediately, and pulled me onto his lap. I kissed him ferociously, and he tore off my shirt, feeling up and down my ides, causing me to bite my lip. I tore off his, and kissed him harder.

When it finished, we lay there, my breathing a bit heavy in the silence surrounding us. That was, of course, until i heard a shriek. I looked at him, and stood up, carelessly throwing on my clothes, while he his, and tearing out of the room. I opened the door to mine, and Violet and Maddi looked terrefied as i switched on the light. Theire eyes were glued to my bed, where a piece of paper was lying. I shakingly held it, and opened it.

“By now you’ve learned the rules of the game.”

Apparently, it was not Rylie.