Chapter twelve

Bellie’s point of view

            “No.” Dade finally broke the silence. “No, no, no. I did not do that! Why would I do that? How could you think I did that?” Anger and fear intertwined themselves in his loud words.

            I tuned everyone out while I searched around the room. I didn’t want to get involved with their fight—although I helped cause it. They started to get loud when I neared Ashlinn’s body.

            I knelt down in front of her motionless body. I brushed her hair out of her face—she was so beautiful. My skin jumped as my hot fingers made contact with her icy skin. Her pale face seemed to almost reflect the whole room.

I sighed softly to myself.

“Bellie.” Violet’s voice cut straight through my thoughts. “Stop looking at it.”
”It?” Maddi asked, appalled.

“She.” Violet corrected herself.

            I continued to stare at her body as I stood up. My eyes scanned her frozen body. Something small and white was resting on her stomach. As I picked it up, I noticed it was a note.

“Guys…” I whispered softly.

            Their heads turned to me. Maddi’s vivid green eyes burned with fear—they were like that since she saw Ashlinn dead—as Violet’s were dull and uninterested. They both shared the same confused stare.

“There’s a note.”

“What does it say?” Violet looked at the note that was limply hanging from my shaking fingers.

“I-I don’t know…I don’t wanna read it.” I stuttered out, not even looking at the note.

            Violet growled at me, her eyes angered. She ripped the paper out of my hands, causing it to tear in half. Violet only seemed to grow more annoyed at me.

“Look what you did!”

“It’s not a big deal, Violet.” Maddi spoke softly as she handed Violet the other half of the note.

            Violet scanned the note, her lips moving a little as she read. It was always a bad habit for her to do that. It was a little annoying, but nothing too bothersome.

“What does it say?” I might have asked a little too eagerly.

“Hey, you’re the one who didn’t want to read it, so wait.” Violet snapped.

“Sorry, sorry.” I mumbled.

“Terrible handwriting.” Maddi noted as she peaked over Violet’s shoulder.

“I know, I can barely read it.”

“Oh god, there’s blood on it!” Maddi shrieked as she neared me.

“Oh, how terrible.” Violet rolled her eyes. “Okay! Got it. It says; I thought I made the rules of the game simple: Win.” She smirked at the end.

“What do you think that means?” I asked stupidly.

“It means, we gotta kill to win.” That smirk remained on Violet’s face.

“Stop it. You’re really freaking me out.” I spoke.

“That’s the point of the game, right?” Her smirk grew wider.

“Stop it! Are you the person who killed Ashlinn?” I backed away from her, pulling Maddi with me.

“Calm your ass!” The smirk faded. “You need to learn how to take a fucking joke.”

“This isn’t a time for joking! Ashlinn is actually dead! She really died, and one of us killed her!”

“Too bad we don’t know who it is.” It seemed as though Violet got a thrill out of making others mad, worried…paranoid.

“Shut the hell up you crazy bitch.” I pushed Violet out of my way.

I saw Maddi hold Violet back as she went to hit me.

I walked out of the room to go and look for Rylie and Dade. I should have stayed out of their business, but I needed to get away from Violet…and in this house you can’t be alone.

I silently walked around until I found them.

First I saw Rylie’s wide eyes.

Then I saw the knife in her stomach.

The blood ran over the hand holding the knife there and dripped onto the floor.

My eyes quickly trailed up the hand and arm.

They slowed down as I reached the neck.

Suddenly, my eyes locked with Dade’s.

(A.N.-So sorry for the short chapter ;P But thank you for reading!<3

We love you all!!<3
~Cassi)