Chapter twenty five

(Hey guys! its kara, and sorry for the long overdue update! but cassi and i have news.. drum roll please..  We are putting out a new story soon! And in honor of the new story, we have decided to hold a contest. We will put the initials of our new upcoming story at the end of the chapter, and the first one to guess the name of it will get the next chapter dedicated to them! we will continue to do little contests like this, including prizes such as getting to be a walk on character in one chapter, and getting a special shout out, leading up to the publication of the new one. You all ready, players? Guess away!, and enjoy the chapter!)

  Maddi's point of veiw 

      I opened my eyes slightly and kicked my legs. No light was shining through the closed curtains, and her large spacious room was completely dark, so It couldn't be morning yet. I sat up and yawned, searching the couch for Violet. She wasn't there. I looked down and saw her blanket on the floor. She probably moved in the night, as I have been known to kick..

       "Violet," I said, my voice scratchy and hoarse. No answer. "Violet," I repeated, slightly louder. She still didn't answer. "God damnit.." I muttered, lwering my foot to the ground. I kicked the floor, expecting to feel her body, but i didn't feel anything. "you there?" I asked cautiously, and stood up. 

     "Violet, this Isn't funny.." I said, my voice a little nervous by that point. I walked slowly around the living room, looking for her. I peeked out the window and into her drive way. No cars. so her parents weren't home. 

    I walked slowly into the hallway, my back facing the wall. "If anyones here.. come out.." I tried to speak up, my voice came out trembling. I started making my way into the kitchen, pausing by the door. The lights were on the other side of the large room, and I would have to go through the whole thing in the dark..

     Man up, Maddi. No ones in there. I thought to myself. I took a deep breath, and opened the door quickly. I felt my eyes squeeze tight, waiting for something, but i didn't hear anything. I popped one eye open, and then another. I gave a relieved smile and walked into the room. 

    Nothing to worry about. Just make it to the light switch. I started feeling my way around the tables, bumping my side into things and tripping over chairs and stools. I think I made it halfway across when I saw something move in the corner of the room.

   "Hello?" My voice trembled. 

    Another movement.

    My heart stopped.

   "Violet.. This isn't funny.."

   The sound of a glass breaking.

   "Who ever you are.. Get out!" I was barely audible.

   Clash. more dishes.

   "Please!" My back hit the wall.

    The noise stopped. I heard their breathing in sync with mine. They took one step forward. And then another. And they stopped right in front of my face. I could make out the muscular face shape, the nose length. definitely a male. No older than my age. I felt his breath on my face, smelling solely of beer and some sort of mint tabacco product. I tried to back up more, but he caught me by my throat. 

   "Bad girls dont get to leave." He said, his voice a whisper. He pulled out what made the outline of a knife, and held it softly to my neck. 

   He chuckled softly. "Don't worry.. This will just hurt a lot." I squeezed my eyes closed, and balled my fists as her dragged the knife up into my jawline. I felt a tiny bit of blood trickle as my eyes watered and soon began tearing. 

   "I was hoping for only you to be home.. I know you would keep you wouldn't put up a fight like the rest." I felt the smirk in his voice. I braced myself for him to jab it in, when suddenly I heard the front door open.

   "Maddi.. It's violet. I went for a walk." Her voice echoed. The man in front of me lost color in his face,  and dropped the knife. He let go of the grasp on my neck, and ran upstairs. I started gasping for breath, and slid against the wall, unable to think clearly. My head was spinning. Violet rushed in, and saw me there, her jaw dropping. But I knew exactly what she was thinking.

   "He was here.."

 (Aright, players, ready to guess the story title? the initials of the new story is: H.O.H.! Go!)