Nice To Meet You... I Think

Your legs were cramping terribly as you stepped out of the stuffy bus and into the crisp evening air. Sitting in the same position for what felt like an eternity would do that to a person. Your bags felt heavier than they had been when you initially climbed on the bus. Still, you had finally arrived. Gravity Falls was a bit... underwhelming from what you could currently see but you had arrived nevertheless.

Before you could stretch a little, a man walked over to you. He was dressed formally in a black suit; making everybody around him seem quite underdressed. His hair was slicked back perfectly and you almost reached up to try and smooth the mess that you were sure was your hair.

"Miss (y/n) (l/n)," he stated. "I'm here to collect you and any luggage you may have. My name is Soos. I work for the Gleeful Family." He spoke so formally it was almost uncomfortable.

"Okay," you replied softly. Your voice cracked a little from lack of use and you flinched a little in embarrassment.

Soos didn't say anything more. He picked up the bags that you weren't holding with ease and walked them over to a large black limo that was waiting in the road. Your eyes went wide and you hurried after him. A limo? Seriously?

He took the bag you were holding and placed it in the boot, quickly loading the others at a speed that must have been superhuman. Before you could even grab a second bag to hand to him, he was placing down the last one.

Soos shut the boot and gestured for you to follow him. He opened one of the limo's doors and gestured for you to climb into the car.

"Uh... thanks?" you said wearily. You weren't used to something like that and you weren't sure how you were meant to react. As you slid into the seat, you wondered if you had done something wrong.

"Took you long enough," a cold voice remarked, dragging you out of your thoughts. "Were you dragging your feet on purpose? I'd advise you quicken the pace next time or you're going to be fired on the spot."

"I'm sorry Miss Gleeful," Soos said as he got behind the wheel. "I didn't mean to take so long. It won't happen again."

"It had better not," she replied smoothly.

"Mabel?" you asked, staring at the woman across from you. She had changed a lot since you had last seen her. Her hair was longer and her eyes were colder but you were more distracted by the knife that she was twirling in her fingers. The blade glinted in the light coming through the tinted windows.

A smirk appeared on her perfectly made up lips and she nodded. "Were you expecting somebody else?"

"I wasn't expecting anybody to be honest," you admitted. When you were younger, you had always felt intimidated by Mabel's presence. It had only grown worse as the years went on.

"Well I could hardly let my favorite cousin walk to the mansion," Mabel said, a humorless laugh following after. "We have a reputation to withhold after all. Can you imagine what the town would think if they saw somebody related to the Gleefuls trudging through the mud?"

You laughed with her, how nervous you were was very obvious. "I would have probably avoided mud or anything like that."

Mabel pursed her lips. "Still, it would most certainly not do." Her false grin returned soon after and she picked up a golden slip of paper off the chair next to her. She held it out to you and your eyes were drawn to her stiletto nails which looked sharp enough to stab somebody.

"What is this?" you asked, taking it from her wearily.

"That is a gold season pass to all of the shows in the Tent of Telepathy," Mabel said in a sharp tone that implied you should have known what it was. "It is extremely expensive and hard to get. Many people would kill for one. It offers the best seats, first class serving throughout the show, and a backstage pass. You had better not lose it."